Southeast Alaska Moose Hunting

mtnhntr

WKR
I have a goat hunt booked for October 2019, and was wondering if anyone might know of a reputable outfitter in Southeast AK that I could try to piggy-back a moose hunt with. I’ll be flying into Juneau for the goat hunt - so I wasn’t sure what might be in the area.

Thanks for any direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Check the seasons in that area . I think they maybe over by then. Good luck on your goat hunt , one of the greatest things I have done.

OP
M

mtnhntr

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. My goat hunt is booked for October 1-15 so I could definitely add a moose to the front end if I could find someplace.

I have lots of flexibility with work, so that's not the issue. I just cant seem to find any outfitters in the area. Maybe due to moose quality? Not sure - I'm just looking for a legal bull!! I've been on 3 moose hunts (B.C., Newfoundland, and Russia) and struck out, so I'm just looking to break my bad streak with some good eating!

polardds

FNG
Not the best quality

The South East moose are not known for their quality or even quantity. Antlers just don't seem to get that big in general.

OP
M

mtnhntr

WKR
Maybe I’ll look into hopping the border into BC and see what I can find. I’ve just had some bad experiences with BC outfitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
SE moose hunting is for meat, and it can be a tough go. Where I live it’s spike/fork or 50” 3 brow tines. I’m unaware of anyone who guides it. In our area there are 10-15 taken annually, the season is Sept 15 to Oct 15 or until the quota is filled.