Dg336 Spencer glacier goat hunt questions

Tekla

FNG
Anyone hunted this before? Just looking for some boots on the ground advice. Not much info out there for this one. We rode the train and did some scouting at the spots that I wanted to hunt with not much luck. We have our plan set and are just questioning our approach a little. A little info would go a long way. It’s a rare draw so I figured asking wouldn’t be like stealing someone’s spot. If not we are heading in anyway. Thanks in advance. Lance.

Maverick940

Banned
I've hunted it a lot. Other than to ski it way back in the early 1970's, never road the train in or out to hunt. Always walked in or canoed in. Some damn big goats, way back in there. I'm surprised that you couldn't find any goats, let alone some big guys. Plenty of goats in that area, that's for sure.

Maverick940

Banned
Tekla:

I got your message. You can go in from the north or the south. Either way works. I also flew into there once, with a PA-18. But mostly I accessed it on foot, from the highway. But to answer the question that you sent to my Inbox, you can canoe in from either direction.

Mav