Youngest Daughter Hits the Hills!

Simply awesome. One of the best parts to me though is she did it without a magnum round. Guess I hang out with too many guys that think you need a 300Mag for everything.

OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Simply awesome. One of the best parts to me though is she did it without a magnum round. Guess I hang out with too many guys that think you need a 300Mag for everything.

The first 3 critters my girls shot with it (3 deer, 1 goat) using a 100gr Partition at 2750 fps. This goat was shot with an 80gr TTSX @ 3200fps. Seemed to be more damage from the TTSX, although the Partition killed great too. So far with proper shot placement at reasonable angles I've been impressed (wouldn't recommend trying a Texas heart shot on a moose! - lol).

North61

Lil-Rokslider
It's actually a relief seeing someone hunt in something other than couture camo for a change. Great story. Thanks for sharing!

OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
MEC store sent me a brand new replacement Black Diamond Mega Light shelter. Guess I'll have to wait till next summer to seam seal it.

OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
What boots does your daughter have on? Looking for a good pair for my young lady...

They are Scarpas, but I'm not sure on the model. Got them on sale for $140. They are stiff and waterproof (GoreTex). The uppers are a combination of suede leather and some sort of nylon/cordura...lots of seems. I'll take a close up as these boots were used on one hunt and already some of the stitching is wore. We did a lot of side-hilling in scree......