Youngest Daughter Hits the Hills!

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Took my youngest daughter up for goats. We spent 4 days up in the alpine. Was a great trip. Shot was 260 yards with a 243 Axis loaded with 80gr TTSX - worked great.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simply awesome! Way to get her out there, kudos to both of you on an awesome trip and a great goat!

OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the comments guys.
One more pic - covering some of the more rugged terrain:

It wasn't all blue skies and sunshine. On day 3 we stayed in the tent till 11:30am playing crib and drinking hot chocolate as the mountain was fogged in. We went out after it cleared and she shot her goat at 4:15. Packing back into camp that night the last hour of hiking was by headlamps and we got in at 10:30pm. She is a tough girl!

OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking close at the shelter last night (Black Diamond Megalight). The one night we experienced really strong winds all night. We had rocks piled on each peg (8" stakes) to hold the tent down. On some of the seams the stiching has come un-done for short sections! Guess I'll have to fire up the sewing machine and do some repairs. I'll post pics of the damage later.

duchntr

WKR
I was looking close at the shelter last night (Black Diamond Megalight). The one night we experienced really strong winds all night. We had rocks piled on each peg (8" stakes) to hold the tent down. On some of the seams the stiching has come un-done for short sections! Guess I'll have to fire up the sewing machine and do some repairs. I'll post pics of the damage later.

BD has a killer warranty if you don't want to do it yourself they will take care of you.

OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
BD has a killer warranty if you don't want to do it yourself they will take care of you.

Thanks! I'll look into that, however I bought the tent 1.5 years ago and didn't save the reciept.

Last edited:
OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
[video=youtube_share;4JbFeGUL4z0]https://youtu.be/4JbFeGUL4z0[/video]

The wind blew like this all through the night until morning.

3 of the 4 corner seams are coming apart! Stake is 8" aluminum. Shelter is seam sealed on the inside. Only spent 9 nights in this shelter so far.

Last edited:
OP
Bruce Culberson

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Its a women's "short torso" 50 litre Brio pack from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op......Canada's version of REI!)

Right on! Congratulations to the both of you. She is on tough girl for sure. I have a 8 yo daughter that I'm hoping to maybe get her started chasing the white beast next year. Can't wait to show her this thread for a little inspiration.