6 months from today

joelbiltz

WKR
I will be on my way to SE Alaska to hunt Mountain Goat and if time permits Coastal Brown Bear with Lonesome Dove Outfitters out of Cordova.

Since the first of the year I have been busting my butt doing a Hours worth of Cardio and weight training five times a week including the Stair climber, Elliptical, Hiking, bicycling, ETC.

I also as of right now I have lost 20 pounds :eek:

I have gone through my gear to try to lighten up as much as possible. Got all the gear I feel I will need on this trip to include

Pack KUIU ICON 5000
Raingear KUIU Chugach
Base layers KUIU MERINO
Insulating KUIU SUPERDOWN AND SPINDRIFT
Outer KUIU ATTACK and Guide
KUIU Gaitors
Boots CRISPI NEVADA GTX well broken in with sole footbeds
Darn tough socks and smartwool liners
Kifaru slick bag 20 degree
Kifaru woobie
Leica televid 62 with short outdoorsmans tripod
Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B
Gunwerks LR1200 Carbon TI in 300 WIN MAG loaded with 190 VLD

IS THERE ANYTHING I AM FORGETTING OR HAVE OVERLOOKED.

Any suggestions and or comments are welcome.

Thanks

CaseyU

WKR
Is it ok if my mouth waters a little when i read your gear list and where your going? Haha. What type of hunting will you be doing? Going out of a lodge daily? Going out a couple days of time? I cant wait to hear your stories when you get back. Taking a good camera right?

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
The hunt is in the Chugach. We float plane in and then set up a base camp and then spike out. It's a backpack style hunt.

Small items are also taken care of such as.

Havalon knife
Sure fire headlamp
Nikon camera
Panasonic video camera
Sleeping pad is a exped synmat UL 7

daddie63

WKR
Sounds like an awesome hunt. Gear list looks good but I've never hunted goats so what do I know. I'm envious and best of luck.

goat1958

FNG
Go to a gym and do 30 minutes on a Jacobs ladder and that will tell you a bit about what kind of shape your cardio and your legs and thighs are in......not joking