Kodiak island goat guides/outfitters

hawkhunts

FNG
I think that my best bet to kill a good haired up goat is to go to Kodiak Island. So I am looking for suggestions on who to book with or who to steer clear off. I have enough points elsewhere to keep myself busy if it takes a couple two- three years to draw. Unless I can find a last minute deal or a good auction hunt, it is probably the most affordable and successful way to hunt goats. I would want to go in late October or early November, would want an area that has decent deer hunting or watefowl to hunt on my own if i tagged out early. Or better yet, someplace my adult son could go with for a reasonable expense as an observer for the goat and hunt deer and ducks after the goat is killed.
Any recommendations?

BRWNBR

WKR
Sam rohrer would have those things. For what your asking, which is every thing minus a bear, I'd check with Sam.

kodiakfly

WKR
I'm friends with Rick Hoskins and Jason Bunch so I can vouch personally for them, but of course Cole Kramer and Rohrer are good bets too.

OP
H

hawkhunts

FNG
Thanks guys, i'd already had a couple of them at the top of my list to start calling references. Always good to get a solid referral.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jeremy Ruesink with Rogue Expeditions spends a lot of the year guiding goats and bears on Kodiak. He's also a stand up guy who is passionate about guiding, hunting and the outdoors.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Cole Kramer is another good one.

Hunted bears with him but he does well on goats as well.

Hello,
Do you have contact info for Cole? Have heard good things about him and would like to discuss a potential goat hunt with him but can't find a website for him.
Thanks,
Ben

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry Ben, I just saw this.

I don't want to post Cole's cell and email on an open forum so shoot me a PM if you want them.

He actually does his goat hunts on his own and not through KOA but you can obviously reach him that way.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat for this. Looking towards 2019 hopefully, but Kodiak seems like the best value to me. A lot of the names listed above have came up in my research.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I work with an outfitter in Alaska that guide goat hunts on Kodiak Island. It is a limited draw area with applications accepted through December 15th. Contact me for details. Great goats = 1x1 hunts $8500 2X1 $7,500
Mark Harrington
Full.Time.Hunts.
325-276-1414

Trial153

WKR
I see mike Horstmans name come up often. I would love to do bowhunt for a combo blacktail and MT Goat.....think this would be the place and guy to go with?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
Cole's a great guy. Can't go wrong with him. I was texting him last night, so you might be able to catch him before he disappears into the bush again.

Last edited:
I'm interested in a goat/blacktail combo hunt on Kodiak for fall 2023. Any participants in this older thread have hunt reports or additional insight or recommendations that might be helpful as I begin to plan?

I'll second Scott Mileur. Hunted Kodiak with him for goats and deer, as well as Dall sheep in Alaska range when he was still booking sheep hunts. Great guide, even better person.