Wyoming Mountain Goat

ajkissel

FNG
Hey All,

I got lucky and drew a Wyoming unit mountain goat tag. Just looking for any info on the area. The majority of the unit is wilderness. Just curious if there its any areas outside the wilderness that holds a population of goats. As a nonresident I'm going to either need to hire a guide or hook up with one of my Wyoming buddies. Ive got a Wyoming resident cousin who will be able to tag along for a week to access some wilderness but wanted to keep my options open and be able to spend as much time in there as i can.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Im super stoked and can't wait to get out there.

Thanks A.J.

Last edited by a moderator:

daddie63

WKR
No help sorry but congrats on the tag and good luck. Hope to read your story here in a few months.

Fluty

FNG
Hey All,

I got lucky and drew a Wyoming mountain goat tag. Just looking for any info on the area. The majority of the unit is wilderness. Just curious if there its any areas outside the wilderness that holds a population of goats. As a nonresident I'm going to either need to hire a guide or hook up with one of my Wyoming buddies. Ive got a Wyoming resident cousin who will be able to tag along for a week to access some wilderness but wanted to keep my options open and be able to spend as much time in there as i can.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Im super stoked and can't wait to get out there.

Thanks A.J.
A.J I drew this same tag this year and was wondering how your hunt ended. Also if you have any suggestions or pointers for me. I have been up scouting already this year and have found a few goats. Hopefully you were successful in your hunt!

Last edited by a moderator:

clwg97

FNG
He may be a legit hunter, but signing on for 1 post and never coming back doesn't sound like a guy I want to interact with.

BAKPAKR

WKR
If it was standing where it was in the photo and then only went 10 yards, I bet the pucker factor was pretty high getting up to it. That looks steep!

Congrats on a nice goat!

Fluty

FNG
If it was standing where it was in the photo and then only went 10 yards, I bet the pucker factor was pretty high getting up to it. That looks steep!

Congrats on a nice goat!
Yeah it was a pretty steep climb for sure. I have the video of the shot on my Instagram @kyle_fluty. But here is a picture of the shoot we had to climb.

Attachments

• DBFC4855-7B40-446A-8B05-483A7DA6BBEB.jpeg
    DBFC4855-7B40-446A-8B05-483A7DA6BBEB.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 85