BC Goat Hunt Gear List and Prep.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you Stew...appreciate it!

A little more rain last night, woke up to a beautiful fall morning, was nice to see.
Elk were really bugling last night, but they had been pretty much all week, but a
little crazier last night for sure. Still calling for more rain mid week, which is good.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
cooler mornings and some areas got some rain and there was snow on top of some of the mountains
this morning, but when the sun comes out still has some heat. Calling for rain Monday to wed
As of now the bush ban is still on but
as mentioned earlier does not effect most of the area you are heading into.

OP
Nickziegler
Thanks again Stew for the update! I talked with the outfitter last week and said it was very smokey around him. Looks like after the rain things have really cleaned up. I have been able to see pictures from Snapchat map of the area and it is looking good. He stated the area in closure mostly affects some bear and deer hunting but not bad. Bags are getting packed and going into relax mode. 1 week

AXEL

WKR
It's ideal hunting weather in the Kootenays now, I am leaving the BC Coast, next Monday, for deer and elk, but, southwest of where you are going. I expect excellent conditions, except the friggin' wolves have hammered the ungulates......

Should be great hunting, tho', the perfect time of year for living in a mountain tent in the glorious BC mountains, worth the trip for that alone!

micus

Lil-Rokslider
It's ideal hunting weather in the Kootenays now, I am leaving the BC Coast, next Monday, for deer and elk, but, southwest of where you are going. I expect excellent conditions, except the friggin' wolves have hammered the ungulates......

Should be great hunting, tho', the perfect time of year for living in a mountain tent in the glorious BC mountains, worth the trip for that alone!

It has cleared up a ton, and as of today at noon the back country ban has been lifted...

I would add wolves and Lower mainlanders* im expecting the parade of 5th wheels so start momentarily

** jokes in good fun.

AXEL

WKR
OK, but it hardly applies to me, born Nelson, 1946, fourth of the seven generations of my BC pioneer family there.

I do not own an RV, never have, no ATV or UTV, never even rode on one and at 71, still backpack from my Tacoma, the only vehicle we own.

Family came to BC circa 1870, Victoria, Vancouver area, 1884, Kootenays, 1893, so, I just see myself as a "BCer" and more of a Grizzly than a Wolf.........

Good fun, accepted, no problem :)

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again Stew for the update! I talked with the outfitter last week and said it was very smokey around him. Looks like after the rain things have really cleaned up. I have been able to see pictures from Snapchat map of the area and it is looking good. He stated the area in closure mostly affects some bear and deer hunting but not bad. Bags are getting packed and going into relax mode. 1 week
all road bans should be off by noon tomorrow. Had some snow up top again, a buddy was down goldon way today but other side of main valley and had 3 inches there, to bad its missing the area with fires.
Again good luck and take lots of pictures.

OP
Nickziegler
I will do a full write up when I get home on the 3rd or 4th. So far the hunt has been fantastic and exceeded my expectations!

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
I will do a full write up when I get home on the 3rd or 4th. So far the hunt has been fantastic and exceeded my expectations!

Ok its the 4th, lets hear the story and some pictures. Guessing by your post things went well.