BC Goat Hunt

sr80

WKR
Good for you, Nick, I am happy for you and I bet you will do whatever you can to return to BC and experience this fabulous place. I prefer the Kootenays to any other region, but, all of BC is magic and maybe a Moose is on your radar???

Sheep, most species anywhere, but, you need to own a few oil wells to afford hunts for them. So, keep us aware of your next plans and best of luck with that. :)

you've sure changed you tone, now haven't you? :D

AXEL

WKR
I will ignore that, as this is not the venue to discuss such issues. I don't want to wreck Nick's thread and will leave it there.

AXEL

WKR
So how did your hunt go in the west kootenay you said you were heading over there.

I went in mid-Sept., and had my badly injured spine act up, spent 12 hours in bed using T3s to cope with it. I spent a couple more days around Nelson, damned back driving me nuts and then chose to return to Abby as driving alone with major neuro. issues is not much fun.

I had been up in mid-July, in the bush in the Slocan and it was so hot and dry that I was concerned about even using my canister stoves. But, I did get into country I had not seen since I was stationed at New Denver, in the BCFS, 1969.......enjoyed that.

I am going back probably next week, my cousin bugled and saw some bulls in a drainage on the north arm of Kootenay Lake, but, at 71, pretty gimped from old injuries, I doubt that I can climb to where they were.

Such, is life, I get out, enjoy doing what I can and if I have a bad couple days, well, still beats sitting at home living on memories.

The elk there have been hammered by wolves, but, we all know what the other problem is........

kipper09

WKR
Who did you hunt with nick? Not sure I ever caught that. Absolutely beautiful country and a wonderful trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nickziegler
Thanks all! I hunted with Beaverfoot Outfitting in SE British Columbia. Some awesome country in that area!

Kindo

WKR
I live in Sherwood. Just off lake winnebago on the north east side

Hey Nick, I've got family who live over in Asylum Bay on the 'bago. I've got a goat hunt coming up in 2020 in the SE Kootenays and I'd like to buy you a beer and pick your brain if you're ever available when I'm down visiting. Congrats on the goat. Your hunt sounds like it will be very similar to what we'll be doing.

Kindo

OP
Nickziegler
Hey Nick, I've got family who live over in Asylum Bay on the 'bago. I've got a goat hunt coming up in 2020 in the SE Kootenays and I'd like to buy you a beer and pick your brain if you're ever available when I'm down visiting. Congrats on the goat. Your hunt sounds like it will be very similar to what we'll be doing.

Kindo
That would be great! I'll pm you my number

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Nickziegler
nice job, how heavy was the pack out?
We never took a weight. I carried the cape / head and a quarter or meat and Chad carried out 3 quarters and loins / backstraps. It was a good hike out with quite a bit of weight

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk