The Wife really got me back....

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
As the Alaska permit results came out today, there was one particular goat permit I had really, really went on and on about—and ultimately gave rise to the best gotcha my wife has ever given, even if she sort of lucked into it....

After my “A Fight With the Misses: a how to guide” in the sheep forums, seemed only fitting that I share this as a follow up of sorts....

So as I’m rushing through some last minute details this morning before heading out of the house for a meeting, I get a text from the misses—YOU DREW A PERMIT. Great, I gotta know which one, but no time to stop and look, not even to really text her back as hands are too full and walking for the door.

Fast vibration later, glance down and see CECIL RHODES!!!!! As coffee is exiting my nose and I’m dropping sh*t stumbling down the stairs into the garage—I luckily catch myself and it all starts to sink in. Could it be true—how amazing kick ass is this.... this is a GREAT Day! Man I love a Friday when you draw a permit you were really lusting after—well I always figured I would since I typically only draw something I was -ish about putting in for in the first place, but knew it would have to happen sooner or later.

To top it off, I had gone on and on about the big beautiful Billy I had gotten all these great photos of at less 20 yards this fall up there and how tag or not, I couldn’t wait to climb back up this summer—and now this. I actually drew the golden ticket. Never had a Christmas this great as a child even. What a day!

So as I gathered my composure and set a few things down to turn attention back to my phone and read the rest of her important text—when the horrid truth set in.

The lovely misses wasn’t telling me a darn thing about my permit at all. She was rubbing in about one of her co-workers, a mutual friend, who drew not 1, but 3 tags, including Cecil Rhodes that I had so deserpately spoke of all winter. While super happy for this particular gal, who has always seemed like the sweetest young lady, who her and her gent find great success through their hard hunting—and no matter how great or sweet or whatever she is, right now I’m just trying to wrap my head around how all the sudden she has MY permit. This is not a wonderful day. I had the most bitter taste of defeat I can recall in recent history. I truly made the epic journey from hero to zero in about .5 seconds. Given my gestures, Im happy I don’t have security cameras on the interior of my garage.

And it obviously didn’t help that my lovely wife must have laughed out loud at me about this most hurtful of events no less than a half-dozen times this evening. So Devastated that I had to come in here to share, the one place I know I could whine and find no judgment, only true sympathy from my fellow hunters. Looks like I’ll be climbing Cecil with camera gear vs rifle again this year.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
:D

I know just how you feel...gal I know up there drew “my” Musk Ox tag!

Your wife is devious though!

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Dang! I can only imagine that kind of letdown.

I hiked up Cecil Rhodes the other summer and that view over the Kenai and Cooper Landing is amazing. I may have just lucked out timing wise, but that was the first time I could practically walk up to a "herd" of goats. That young lady has quite the tag on her hands. If everything fell into place that hunt could be pulled off in a day with a partner.