CO Goat Tag Drawn

vanish

WKR
Congrats! I hear you on "Now to figure out what to do!" Always bugs me when people are like "you put in for that tag, haven't you prepared for it?"

When the chance of actually drawing the tag is so slim, heck no I'm not out there scouting it constantly!

Broomd

WKR
Congrats on the good fortune, give it heck! Hold out for that billy too, you'll be glad you did.

AndyB

WKR
Congratulations! 'Not awarded' for g13 here, but you know what, i've sort of enjoyed the suspense, and glad of the opportunity the take part no matter how slim chances are.

rm06

WKR
Congratulations! Go fill that tag, I will try not to be too jealous. My best hunting buddy just drew 2nd season MG in a nearby unit and I will get the privilege of helping assuming I don't use up all my vacation chasing archery elk

I am again the recipient of the dubious 'Not Awarded' but I'm tricking my mind into thinking that I it's an opportunity to prepare for another year...

npm352

WKR
Congrats on the tag. I drew a second season tag in that unit a while back and my dad drew it a few years. It should be a fun hunt. PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
Friend of mine in Castle Rock just drew his 2nd CO. goat tag. Took first one with bow. Going to use rifle on this one.

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
Well, I got my got opening morning. The plan went perfect and they even walked down to us so the shot was only 152 yards. The 130 grain Scirocco hit about 6 inches behind the shoulder (quartering more than I thought) and came out above the opposite shoulder. Took half the liver and a quarter of a lung. She went 20 feet before sitting and flipping over dead.

She was a 6-8 year old nanny with a broken horn. It broke off years ago. The coat is great and will make a great rug. I’m going to get a euro mount for $120. Much cheaper than the muley a few years back.
f7c44b21c0a2c98de1595e2f6b04d853.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations mountain goat is such an amazing animal. Definitely on my bucket list.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the successful hunt. If you find the meat chewy then try the crock pot. Goat makes the best stews....

DHutch73

FNG
Congrats! 20 years and counting. Not sure if it will ever happen. Best of luck on your hunt!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord