Idaho Unit 29-1 Mule Deer

Curious if anyone has ever drawn this late muzzleloader hunt or been in the area late Nov - early December? If so, I’d love to chat via PM about deer behavior (rut/migration) that time of year. I’ve been all over the West and hunted most of the trophy units in Idaho and Nevada and am more than willing to swap info.

Thanks!

Justin

OP
R
I guess I should add that the controlled hunt includes units 29 and 37a. November 25th - December 9th.

Jondoe

FNG
Hi justin
I've hunted it a few times over the years ago. Feel free to PM me for more info.

OP
R
ae67cf88651668d6e04f73263843386d.jpg
IMG_0182.JPG

Thought I’d bring this back to the top by sharing my last two muzzy bucks from Idaho. Having a heck of a time getting basic info on these units, that includes speaking with the Bio’s in the area.

Appreciate any and all info. Specifically curious about deer behavior this time of year in the area. (Is there an advantage of hunting the first 10 days versus last 10 days, late rut, second estrous, etc?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd hunt the first ten days to get more rutting activity though early December should be fine too. I see them in early to mid December in bachelor groups and not that far from the does where I'm at in Western Idaho. They're all on winter range and so they're close by. Sometimes I see bigger bucks with does still.

Maybe Robby can enlighten as to the norms of big bucks in that transitioning out of rutting period. He's the expert.