Shooting rest?

FURMAN

WKR
Bipod. Atlas or Modular Evolution. Still working on my preferred rear rest. Most are not stable enough to have the consistency I’m after for vertical while keeping weight down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mcseal2

WKR
I have an Outdoorsmans head on my tripod and one of their shooting rests with 2 yolks to hold the rifle. I find the 2 points of contact to be more steady than a single Y. If I don't have time to set that up or I can go prone I'll use my pack.

My heavy 264WM for shorter hikes I have set up for the Rapid Pivot bipods. If I can I will use a prone height bipod on the front of the gun and my pack belt under the back of the rifle. I use the same optics tripod for higher shooting positions.

I’m a fan of using my trekking poles interlocked in the wrist straps, they serve a dual purpose this way and it’s just one less thing to carry up the mountain in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll second the trekking pole setup. Works great and don’t have to carry the extra weight of a bipod

N Corey

FNG
I think it depends on shooting distance. For shorter range or still hunting where you’ll likely be shooting from standing position I like the trekking poles. For long range shooting I like bipods with a pack or jacket under the butt.

tttoadman

WKR
I have carried the stoney point short sticks for years, but I am starting to leave them behind. My lighter Tikka has helped that decision. My favorite if I have a long shot from a setup is to use my mini tripod. Turn the pan handle up at about 45deg and it makes a super rest.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I am liking the trekking pole idea. Will typically have them anyways.

bigmoose

WKR
I just bought a set of treking poles and one of the first things I did after adjusting them was to see if the straps could be used for shooting off of. Glad to hear it works. My rifle is already too heavy to have a bipod.

Maverick940

Banned
What is your choice of rest in the field, bipod, pack frame, shooting sticks?

Whatever is handy. The last time I hunted mule deer for myself, I leaned against a saguaro cactus on order to steady the rifle. Was a long shot on the last day of season and only had a few minutes of legal shooting light remaining. The saguaro came in handy for that one.

OP
WolfpackNOgun

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bipod mounted and will have my pack. Will have my trekking poles if need something more elevated.