Lucky SOB...Request for Help

bmcbeain

FNG
I wanted to wait until the smoke cleared from the CO leftover license mayhem to post this. I was very fortunate to pull the one archery tag for deer in GMU 55 from the CO leftover list on Tuesday. I understand the recent winter kill that has occurred in this unit. However, I know good deer can be had if your willing to work in most any unit.

I will be leaving work early tomorrow to head out scouting this weekend. However, I am limited to this sole outing of scouting as I leave Tuesday, August 14 until August 28 with the U.S. Women's and Men's National Wheelchair Basketball Teams for the World Championships in Hamburg, Germany.

Any advice on areas to avoid, access points/trailheads or other advice for the unit would greatly be appreciated. I fully understand leeriness posting information online and forums. Please feel free to PM me if your willing to offer any advice.

Little more about me is I am a active lurker of this forum (especially the classifieds; lol), but passive participant at times. I am a DIY public land hunter that focuses on Wilderness Areas (hunting September 18-23 for archery elk tag; or sooner if this deer tag is filled:)).

Good Luck to All this Fall,
Brandon