Guided Mule Deer hunt

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone recommend a good guided mule deer hunt? I'm located in CA and would like to leave this state. Any recommendations please let me know.

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
For starters, whats you budget? I've hunted in and outside the US for mule deer. Inside, if money is no object, I would look at the Deseret LACC for a hunt. Landowner tags are/were available for the Paunsagunt in south central Utah, but are pricey..Outside the US Alberta and BC. I killed a healthy buck in BC years ago and a really nice buck in Utah.

Paunsagunt buck

BC buck

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
For starters, whats you budget? I've hunted in and outside the US for mule deer. Inside, if money is no object, I would look at the Deseret LACC for a hunt. Landowner tags are/were available for the Paunsagunt in south central Utah, but are pricey..Outside the US Alberta and BC. I killed a healthy buck in BC years ago and a really nice buck in Utah.

Paunsagunt buck

BC buck

Pretty hard to beat the Paunsagunt. But that's going to be out of my range. I'm looking in the 5k-7k budget. I will look anyways just in case but last time I checked the landowner tags alone were 10k.

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty hard to beat the Paunsagunt. But that's going to be out of my range. I'm looking in the 5k-7k budget. I will look anyways just in case but last time I checked the landowner tags alone were 10k.

should have mentioned. Looking for rifle hunt.

OP
C

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
More interested in backcountry or Ranch type closer to population? Trophy goals?

I'm open to either. Would like to be somewhat remote but not against having a lodge nearby either. As long as there is some challenge to the hunt. Hoping for a 160" class and up.

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
If you're up to some serious adventure, you could buy/draw a tag across the Pariah river which is the eastern boundary of the paunsagunt. Cache water and do some wandering about. I'm sure the deer are the same on both sides. Wyoming has the Hoback canyon with guides that work the area, that would be a good bet. What about Nevada? seen some good bucks come out of there...

mtmuley

WKR
Thank you. I will give these guys a call.

Should be a fairly good chance to draw a Montana deer combo. The area is a general unit, no permit required. I actually tagged along with my Father and Grandfather hunting some of the property they lease. That was years ago, lots has changed. I've talked to Rich on the phone, seemed like a great guy. Probly the easiest way to a good buck as a NR. Let us know how it goes. mtmuley

Wapiti1

WKR
Skinner Creek Hunts in BC. Doug McMann is the owner/guide. Alpine mule deer horseback hunt and they take some really nice deer in the 160-180 size range. Really well run operation.

Colorado is the best opportunity state. LO tags are not hard to get. Aaron Neilson at Global Hunting Resources has helped me in CO on a couple of hunts. He is an agent and knows mule deer in CO very well.

Jeremy

I have several options that might fit what you are looking for. Give me a call and we can discuss.
Mark Harrington
325-276-1414
[email protected]
Fulltimehunts.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk