2015 official mule deer meat pole

That buck is a stud. Major congrats mt100gr! Absolutely beautiful animal. Put a tape on him yet? Looks like he could go 190 or so to me. But who cares, what a great buck!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone that has hunted the cabinets knows what a rough piece of earth that is...a dam fine buck and one that does not come out in one piece.congrats!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Still pumped over shooting this deer!
16ee16f3dc49fd85b40921f4489ac8ad.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
I have not measured him yet. Someday I am sure I will.

Ryan, funny thing, as I was gearing up for my 3day trip only the teaser pictures of your buck had been shared. I could tell by his post that Robby was jacked about it and knew there would be a story but I had to get out the door. I had to wonder the whole time what you guys had gotten into! It really inspired me to.stay the course and continue to "show up". We had mostly slow times on this trip but being there and being ready was the key. We packed into an excellent area and saw exactly 3 deer this time. One of which came out on our backs. In the past, especially with snow, we'd quit counting.

I appreciate all.the kind words. I have been after a mountain buck like this for a lot of years. Usually, winter, or the impending end of the season, put a whitetail in my freezer after many mountains and many miles in mule deer country. My family needs the meat so when it gets down to the wire, I have to provide and return to my roots in the lower elevations. This hunt was the culmination of putting in the time where I love to hunt, for the species I love to hunt, and in the fashion I most enjoy.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That's a sweet one, Ryan. Did Robbie make you eat out of the pot he boils dirty undies in? He says its good luck....

Lucky for me Kenton did most of the cooking! We also made sure Robby kept his shirt on while hunting.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have not measured him yet. Someday I am sure I will.

Ryan, funny thing, as I was gearing up for my 3day trip only the teaser pictures of your buck had been shared. I could tell by his post that Robby was jacked about it and knew there would be a story but I had to get out the door. I had to wonder the whole time what you guys had gotten into! It really inspired me to.stay the course and continue to "show up". We had mostly slow times on this trip but being there and being ready was the key. We packed into an excellent area and saw exactly 3 deer this time. One of which came out on our backs. In the past, especially with snow, we'd quit counting.

I appreciate all.the kind words. I have been after a mountain buck like this for a lot of years. Usually, winter, or the impending end of the season, put a whitetail in my freezer after many mountains and many miles in mule deer country. My family needs the meat so when it gets down to the wire, I have to provide and return to my roots in the lower elevations. This hunt was the culmination of putting in the time where I love to hunt, for the species I love to hunt, and in the fashion I most enjoy.

I've been hunting over there off the bull river a few times. Packing animals out of there seperates the men from the boys! Like I said, great buck, you earned it!!