BEST Buck Photo Contest 2016- Sposored by Kryptek

Logan T

WKR
Wish I had taken more time to get better pics but here's a pic of my 2016 archery buck, taken 8/16/16 at last light.
8A6BF5AB-2728-4C53-AF4F-52F239A0B854-2282-000003347C01779F_zpsmz15qxjk.jpg

Great deer Juan! You've put together a pretty dang nice couple of seasons!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Great deer Juan! You've put together a pretty dang nice couple of seasons!

Thanks Logan, I've been pretty blessed that's for sure. Hope to keep it rolling! Sorry for the hold up on posting the story guys, I planned on starting it last night but my 11 month old daughter had different plans! Hopefully I can start it tonight or tomorrow

Thanks Logan, I've been pretty blessed that's for sure. Hope to keep it rolling! Sorry for the hold up on posting the story guys, I planned on starting it last night but my 11 month old daughter had different plans! Hopefully I can start it tonight or tomorrow

I
Am
Jealous!

Albert in 9 days. Hopefully I'll have pic to share with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rope14u

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado Musket

Here is a pic of my opening day Colorado buck. This signifies what hunting is about to me. Making great memories with great friends. And occasionally a blind sow finds an acorn!

It was a great hunt! We hiked in on Friday and set up camp in the dark. Climbed a ridge and were glassing at daybreak. We spotted him and 4 other bucks after an hour or so of glassing. Its amazing how they just appear in a basin that you would swear is devoid of living creatures. They fed and bedded fed and bedded until around noon when they bedded somewhere that a sneak wasn't possible. Around 4 they came boiling out of there and we still do not know why. They moved down the basin a bit and went back to the feeding and bedding routine. We thought we had time to put the sneak on so we made a move. An hour before dark I popped over the last small ridge and he was up feeding. He cleared a juniper and started feeding quartering away at 122 yards. I fired and my buddy who was spotting said "You smoked him!" The deer ran into some willows and pines and stood there and then turned and walked right towards us. I shot again at 60 yards and am not proud to say it was a miss. It actually grazed his brisket but was low. As I was reloading again he turned and boiled off the mountain. It was the death run. We found him 150 yards below us and the high 5's commenced.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rope14u! great buck and with a muzz! you're singing my tune. thanks and great job. Any quick details on how you smacked him?

My first mulie ever. Shot him at 20-22 yards. Shot him on the evening of my 2nd day. Been after elk since.
d15f60bc9419d15314e2bd546cedf426.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rope14u

Lil-Rokslider
Great Buck and with a stick and string to boot!! I've bowhunted whitetails for 35 years and it still amazes me you guys get close enough to stab one spot and stalk! Crazy!!

CorbLand

WKR
Not the best pictures but not bad for being done with an iPhone 4. First deer, first buck, first big game animal with my bow.

a40d0167-6a4e-4b86-ac51-e26d2d534db9_zpsj4bzdbnz.jpg

Wish we would have got a better picture of the kicker on his right side.

Muleys32

Lil-Rokslider

A very cool picture my friend took of my first ever archery buck and first ever mule deer buck. The first of many there is no doubt. I am absolutely addicted.

Attachments

• unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Muleys32

Lil-Rokslider
How do I get a picture to show up big in my reply so people don't have to click open the picture?

Last edited:
Upload them to a hosting site like photobucket.com then copy and paste the link that the site gives you into your post.