BEST Buck Photo Contest 2016- Sposored by Kryptek

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders, it's that time again. In just a few weeks, some bucks will be taking dirt naps courtesy of Rokslide members and we want to see your best photos!

Ryan and I worked with Butch and Justin at Kryptek to put together a great giveway- a complete Kryptek clothing kit.

You can check out the Kryptek store for more info on the products listed below: Kryptek Store

The Kryptek kit will include the Valhalla pant, Hyperion Crew Shirt, Sherpa Hoodie, and (not shown) Krypton Glove & Spartan cap,
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

All in Highlander, one of the "coolest" patterns out there if you ask me.

Jared Bloomgren, Travis Bertrand, Justin Crossley and I have been wearing and writing on Kryptek gear the last few years and are very impressed with it (see our clothing page at CLOTHING for those reviews) - plus the company has some great mojo

We'll also be offering for second place, the ever popular Rokslide Kill Kit and for third place, a signed copy of my book
attachment.php

Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life

So between archery season and December 10th, please post up your best harvest photos on this thread to enter for Kryptek Kit, Rokslide Kill Kit, and Hunting Big Mule Deer book

Myself, Ryan Avery, and Rokslide member Belly-deep will be judging the photos based on the following:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Is the buck's antler tips out of the frame? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

I recommend using a photobucket account or the like to post photos as they'll appear full size on the thread. We won't be offering personal consultations on uploading photos, as you can do a search on Rokslide and find out how to upload.

Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kryptek use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation.

12-14-16 UPDATE: This was tough to judge! Some great bucks with crappy photos and some small bucks with great photos. I think next year I'm letting all you vote on the winners. In the end, Belly-Deep, Ryan, and myself agreed on these three in order:

sr80's big BC buck! If he'd of cropped that pic a bit wider it would have gone from great to fantastic. However, in the end it was the photo we kept coming back to for WOW factor. sr80 wins the complete Kryptek Kit shown above.

attachment.php

TBoschma's backpack buck. This photo, although a little over-exposed, didn't even have the buck in it, but we thought it was a "Rokslide" photo for sure- nasty high country with great vistas, a big load of meat, and how could you not notice the Kryptek gear. Wins the ever-popular and original Rokslide Kill Kit

attachment.php

LoganT's big Montana buck. There were more than a few "filtered" photos in this contest but this one kept grabbing our eye. Wins a copy of "Hunting Big Mule Deer" by some aging guy with a retreating hairline but very hot wife...

You guys have 10 days-December 24th- to email me with your shipping info or I'll move the next person up to your prize and/or draw from these Honorable mentions shown in post #151

Thanks everyone, and special thanks to they guys at Kryptek- Justin and Butch- for their generous donation of Krptek gear.

See you next year for another BIG BUCK photo showdown!

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
No deer tag for me this year but I'm subscribing just to see what others post!

General season tag here in Idaho. I certainly hope to be posting the grand prize winning picture thanks in part to the information I expect to glean from "Hunting Big Mule Deer!" I am ever the optimist and know that big buck is just over the next ridge!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
General season tag here in Idaho. I certainly hope to be posting the grand prize winning picture thanks in part to the information I expect to glean from "Hunting Big Mule Deer!" I am ever the optimist and know that big buck is just over the next ridge!

Oh man, the pressure on us both now.

Randy, you can place your order but be sure and give them a card number ha ha.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Wish I had taken more time to get better pics but here's a pic of my 2016 archery buck, taken 8/16/16 at last light.
8A6BF5AB-2728-4C53-AF4F-52F239A0B854-2282-000003347C01779F_zpsmz15qxjk.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Juan my man, you did it AGAIN! and you just started this thread off nicely. Thanks man. There's gonna be a bunch of pumped guys on here.

Clarktar

WKR
Holy sh#& Juan. Nice job, look forward to the story!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow! Awesome buck, want to post up a story in another thread?
Thank you, and ya I'll see if I can get it up here soon!

Juan my man, you did it AGAIN! and you just started this thread off nicely. Thanks man. There's gonna be a bunch of pumped guys on here.
thank you robby, I can't believe I'm the first to post a buck! But I'll gladly kick it off! 😉

Holy sh#& Juan. Nice job, look forward to the story!
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
thanks man, I suppose I'll have to put the story up one of these days!

Damn I know your in the running even being first. Great buck!!
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
thanks man! We'll have to see, i know there'll be some great bucks harvested!

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Wow!! Holy freaka moly!! I will consider it a successful hunt this year if can put a stalk on a buck like that! I don't have harvest one. I will be happy to get a chance!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
we're rolling now. Thanks everybody for getting us all way to excited. Productivity headed for zero for me!