Article on using GE to find big mule deer

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

As promised, the GE article I paired up with goHunt.com to do. Hope it helps
How to find big mule deer areas using Google Earth | goHUNT

Last edited:
This is awesome info. I have been looking at agriculture areas around my house as to be able to find the pockets of public land and hunt that. This helps planning tremendously.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thanks guys,
elkguide, funny you mention the honey-do list as I remember when I was writing that article back in July my sweet wife was "nagging" (her version of nagging is pretty gentle by all accounts) on me about something that needed done at that time. Can't remember what it was but your comment was ironic.

on the gps coords, wouldn't help a lot as I find they change around almost yearly and is why I hunt so many places. Unless it's a draw unit with low tag numbers, where you kill a good buck one year will likely be different the next year. Trick is knowing enough places that you can just keep checking (scouting/hunting) that you find one.

elkguide

WKR
thanks guys,
elkguide, funny you mention the honey-do list as I remember when I was writing that article back in July my sweet wife was "nagging" (her version of nagging is pretty gentle by all accounts) on me about something that needed done at that time. Can't remember what it was but your comment was ironic.

on the gps coords, wouldn't help a lot as I find they change around almost yearly and is why I hunt so many places. Unless it's a draw unit with low tag numbers, where you kill a good buck one year will likely be different the next year. Trick is knowing enough places that you can just keep checking (scouting/hunting) that you find one.

Where abouts are you in SE Idaho?

I filled my cow elk tag just off the Geneva Summit and spent a bunch of days trying for a special buck in the Dingle area along with some time trying to wear down the hills East of Georgetown and Montpelier.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I live in Iona north of there but have hunted down there. Some good bucks in the brushy country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
I live in Iona north of there but have hunted down there. Some good bucks in the brushy country

That 27" - 28" - 4X4, with matching stickers off both sides that bested me, well ........... I'm going back next year!

As my wife said, "you're going to fussy yourself right into nothing!"

I say that he's going to be bigger and better next year and I'm "SURE" that I have him figured out!

freebird

WKR
Thanks for the info Robby. Hope to put it to good use this year as I drew an Idaho unit 40 late deer tag. Never killed a muley buck....so wish me luck. Caught a podcast you were on here recently...it was great.
Chuck

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info Robby. Hope to put it to good use this year as I drew an Idaho unit 40 late deer tag. Never killed a muley buck....so wish me luck. Caught a podcast you were on here recently...it was great.
Chuck

Good luck on that hunt. Some real potential there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk