2016 Mule Deer Meat Pole

Don't see a meat pole thread.

I'll start with my buck from this morning.

EDIT: adding story for mtnwrunner

Well long story short a found this spot a couple years ago and it is a lot of hills that force the deer to travel around them in the drainages. I chased the deer around last fall but couldn't get one. Last year my wife had a muzzleloader tag and we went up and chased them around but she also couldn't get one. The last night I decided to sit in a spot and we had a nice buck walk by but she didn't get the shot off. I told her I knew that if I sat there I could kill one with my bow but I loved being on the move. Well last weekend was my only weekend to hunt at home so I bit down and sat there and waited and it paid off.

He came out of the bush at about 30 yds. I noticed him right away luckily because he didn't give me much time to stand and draw. I hit him forward on his shoulder and he fell over, breaking my arrow. He got up and stood for a minute then walked 20 yds to the closest cover and bedded. I could see he was not doing well and his head was bobbing. It was really windy and I had good cover so I snuck up to 3 yds and shot him again. He jumped up but only made it 20 yds. I only carry 3 arrows. There is actually another arrow in that quiver hidden behind the bloody one. You can also see the broken one in there if you look good.

Last edited:

svivian

WKR
My buddy and I have a mule deer tag in the same unit. The morning I had to leave he killed this guy

OP
MuleyFever
Not sure if you meant to ask me instead of Muleyslayer but yeah, general season.

Hunter6

WKR
3a0143448517c0d2388b53dab03a3785.jpg
db51abfcc01c25b28721130053a50d5b.jpg

Here is my OTC archery mule deer on public land. I was lucky enough to to kill this guy on Oregon's opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
I already posted this photo but here is my wife's buck. Luckily she shot him not far from camp and we were able to go get our boy for photos.
DSC00839a.jpg

Last edited:

rbljack

WKR
Congrats to those who have filled tags already. We went to NM to scout a bit for our Nov Mule deer hunt. Deer density is low, but the country is rough and amazing. Maybe later this season my wife will have her buck posted here! Until then, keep those pics coming so I can stay focused on what is (hopefull) ahead.