Mule Deer Draw Odds

OR Archer

WKR
Does anyone know of any free website that I can go to where I can calculate my draw odds for different units in Colorado?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
X2 I spent many hours searching for a free version but found nothing. Trailhead is the same guy who used to do the free one for mm and others

sk1

WKR
I think monster mulies has that.

negative, new for this year you have to pay for it....as DR said it is now http://hunterstrailhead.com/

it's worth the $25 or whatever i paid for it.....they have other services too such as email reminders for out of state tags and specific species application deadlines and such also, big thing is getting all your draw odds of course.

BigSurArcher

Banned
CO has some of the more confusing charts to read, but with some practice you can easily calculate them on your own without paying or trusting anyone else's calculations.

CO has some of the more confusing charts to read, but with some practice you can easily calculate them on your own without paying or trusting anyone else's calculations.

Very true. Though until yesterday I hadn't paid attention to the 35% cap on tags for nonres in units that require <6pp... Gotta go back and see how that affects my units odds...

Mike

sk1

WKR
while i havent done much out of state hunting, i have plans to in the future....while it sucks paying the money, it's very worth it to me to help get a better perspective on things without spending hours on each states website which are often very difficult to navigate through, at least initially. it's a very reasonable fee at this point, as long as they dont have plans to raise it.

sk1

WKR
i agree with mtmiller in this case.....it's a great product, and at least they are keeping the price reasonable! of course free is better for us, but im sure they have tons of time invested, and time is money these days.

Ozz08

WKR
Unreal. It is all about making the $$$.

I think it may be more about not losing money than it is making any. There is an explanation on MM forums about it. Sounds like MM was fronting the cost of the draw odds info for all of us to see. The price and work that went into preparing all of this info just wasn't working for either party anymore. The explanation on MM seems pretty reasonable to me.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ozz it was on more sites than just MM so not sure of their version. I've been to New site but didn't join.I will agree 25 isn't bad about the last month I've been looking and the stats and doing the math myself and defiantly like just entering my points and seeing the graph. Next year I'm signing up

Ozz08

WKR
Yeah I understand it was more than MM but from what I understand(which could be way off). All of the sites got those odds from the same guy that put all of that info together.

mtmiller

WKR
Several sites had a link to the hunterstrailhead site.

I really liked it, but didn't pick it up this year since I have info I need for 2013. I will spend $25 next year.

magpie

Banned
Not that I recommend what I'm about to say but I do know on another forum (not a hunting forum) they do a potluck of $$$ to subscribe to a bunch of online services and the members of the website have the password. They use this mainly on software websites, online newspapers etc. I think currently they are subscribed to 200-300 different paying sites and the members can access it all. Pretty good idea IMHO. Get a couple of your friends together and it would be dirt cheap.

But I have to agree with MtMiller on this one! 25 dollars is a drop in the bucket....

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan Avery and I can attest that running any website that has to be up 24/7, up-to-date, accurate information, and protected from SPAM, is a way bigger project than most of us realize. I had no clue until I got into managing/building websites.