OK enough is enough.

TwoTikkas

WKR
Well,if predictions hold true,deer in the Gunny basin is going to be an unrealized dream. This year I sent for my 11th p-point. Enough is enough. What are my options? Outfitter,DIY,unit. Rifle only. I'm done. I'll continue buying points for my daughter. She has 8,and until she gets her master's degree Ill hold the line for her. Then she can decide if she wants to continue.

If anyone has a suggestion,outfitter recommendation or general idea where to burn these points I'd greatly appreciate it. Mother nature can truly be a bee itch.

I go after Unit 2 or something up there. Truthfully you can find good bucks all over the state requiring very few points. But with the amount of points you got id look at the units in the Northwest Corner and bee picky on what you shoot

ckleeves

WKR
Not even close. You need 17+. The points required to draw non-res tags in Colorado is getting ridiculous. I would look at muzzleloader tags in the top end units or 4th season rifle in the mid or low end units and just burn your points.

Jd259

WKR
Unit 22 holds some bomber bucks it's about an 8-9 point draw for non res so you would be giving up a couple points but I've seen to real nice deer come out of that unit.

Jd259

WKR
Plenty of good access my by suggestion is get off the roads and put some miles on the boots don't need to pack in 5 miles just gotta escape the road warriors hope this helps.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Agreed. We hunt unit 67 for elk. There are plenty of roads across the unit. And a fair amount of traffic. It's amazing to me all the farther back you have to get.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Your 11 points should get you into unit 30 3rd season and a small chance to draw 61 3rd season. Also could draw a 64/65 4th season tag that could be pretty good with an outfitter.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on the season, but for 4th season most of the lower country in those units is private.