2016 Idaho Mule Deer pt. 2

Great write-up and big congrats on a buck that we all dream of! Thanks for taking the time to post the story and all the pics. It's the details in the story that really make it a good read, along with the highs and lows that made the experience that much sweeter...congratulations!

bigmoose

WKR
Thanks for sharing your story. What a great buck ! Good job on sticking with your hunt. It paid off big time ! Congrats !

Logan T

WKR
Been waiting to hear more about this since you got him Juan! Congrats again on a toad. I too was curious about the age, I was guessing the 4.5-5.5 mark as well. You should have a good spot again in another 4-5 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck and great write up! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
Another great deer Juan. It could just be the angle but he looks way more impressive from the front than the looking away pic.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks guys, glad you all enjoyed it!

Great write-up and big congrats on a buck that we all dream of! Thanks for taking the time to post the story and all the pics. It's the details in the story that really make it a good read, along with the highs and lows that made the experience that much sweeter...congratulations!

Hey thanks a lot man, I try my best but I am an amateur writer at best lol! Glad you enjoyed it, and you are right everything about this hunt made the ending so much more enjoyable and unforgettable.

Been waiting to hear more about this since you got him Juan! Congrats again on a toad. I too was curious about the age, I was guessing the 4.5-5.5 mark as well. You should have a good spot again in another 4-5 years!

Thanks man, I often think of the "what if's" and with this buck it's no different. Who knows what he could have turned into with another year or 2?? But I know I wasn't about to try and find out lol, and I'm hoping it produces again this year! High hopes for the deer that made it through the winter.

Another great deer Juan. It could just be the angle but he looks way more impressive from the front than the looking away pic.

Thanks man, and I think it has to do with the fact that you can't really see his forks and the extras from the back. He's about 28.5" outside and only about 24" on the frame. Pretty high and tight, just like I like em!

Hey Juan who do use over there? Jeff at Intermountain?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I take all my stuff to my good buddy Lee (great taxidermist) in the Boise area.

bounds

WKR
Congrats on what I would say is a buck of a lifetime! But at the rate you're going, I think you're going to have more than one of those in your lifetime.

The 3rds on that boy! How long are they? They look almost as high as his back end in a couple of those pics!

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
How much does he charge full elk full deer? I have been using Jeff he does well but upped his price.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats on what I would say is a buck of a lifetime! But at the rate you're going, I think you're going to have more than one of those in your lifetime.

The 3rds on that boy! How long are they? They look almost as high as his back end in a couple of those pics!

Thank you, and I can only hope I get another of his caliber in my lifetime. On his g3's one is 12.5" and the other 12.75"

If he only does a small amount for friends all good as well let me know.

I will send you a pm

JLH208

WKR
Must have been that advantage archery hat that brought you luck. Awesome deer man thanks for sharing, motivating story.

Juan, when my copy of muley crazy magazine showed up I browsed through it like I always do when I first get it. Then I came across page 45. I instantly thought "I know who that guy is!". So very cool to see and read your story in print like that! You should be very proud of that hunt and the tremendous buck that came of it! Awesome story! Job well done!

bud

FNG
Just got back to the house from turkey hunting, settled in to google earth some spots for this fall. Glad I clicked on Rokslide hadn't been on in awhile. That was a good one. Thanks Juan!

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Must have been that advantage archery hat that brought you luck. Awesome deer man thanks for sharing, motivating story.

Those are the only hats I wear, so they must be lucky lol. And thanks!

Great story! Great buck! I'm ready for October!
Thanks, I am too. But more so for the archery season since it comes first haha.

Juan, when my copy of muley crazy magazine showed up I browsed through it like I always do when I first get it. Then I came across page 45. I instantly thought "I know who that guy is!". So very cool to see and read your story in print like that! You should be very proud of that hunt and the tremendous buck that came of it! Awesome story! Job well done!

Thank you sir, I am very proud and feel very fortunate to have harvested such an amazing buck.

Just got back to the house from turkey hunting, settled in to google earth some spots for this fall. Glad I clicked on Rokslide hadn't been on in awhile. That was a good one. Thanks Juan!
Thanks man, hope the turkey hunting went well.