A-22 Either Sex Archery

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I have Drawn a A-22 AO ES tag for D-16 San Diego County. I have that and my regular AO tag that will also be good down there, I was planning on hunting the 7 Oaks area but now.. Anyone fill that tag before? I have been to the area a few times looking for turkey with no luck, always find the Does and guys treestands. With my luck ill go back and find turkey and no deer haha :eek:
Any and all advice for the area is appreciated. Doing my best to harvest my fist animal this year. Hiked 7 miles down in the Laguna's last month and only seen 1 doe in the rec area. Have to check soon but not looking good.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry bud, can't help ya. I hunt the more northern part of CA. I'd take your AO tag and head up to the trinitys.

klxracer92

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the same situation. A22 and AO tag for me. I was out scouting near Anza yesterday and found one doe and some very old sign. I was told to find the archery only areas and focus there. I'll be hunting D14 as well, but not sure where yet.

DEW0341

WKR
Had an a22 last year, def lots of tree stands, Lions, I would get on x and hunt the areas bordering private land. Also check on so cal hunting forum lots of info there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEW0341

WKR
No I did not see any on public land. I also did not put a lot of effort into the unit since I get a g10 tag for Pendleton I put most my time here in base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen the stands that's for sure, 3 in the Lagunas. No "noticeable" lion tracks yet. I'm sure they watch when I hike in the morning before sunrise :(

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the same situation. A22 and AO tag for me. I was out scouting near Anza yesterday and found one doe and some very old sign. I was told to find the archery only areas and focus there. I'll be hunting D14 as well, but not sure where yet.

Same here I scouted D14 a Couple times, I'm in Fontana so not to far at all. Found a forky and 2 does, at least he's technically a buck haha 😂 going to focus D-16 hard, at least I got Wild card AO