ND Refund Question

jm1607

WKR
Does anyone know about when we'll get our refund? Does it get charged back on the card or a check in the mail?

This is my first year for ND...

NDGuy

WKR
Card won't get back until after the drawing.

What did you apply for?

Scoot

WKR
I've gotten refunded the last three years- I really can't remember how they refund you if you don't draw. I'm happy to report I won't be getting a refund this year though! After being a ND resident for a long time and now living in MN for 4 years, I HATE having to draw the chance to bowhunt mulies there now. However, my son and I finally drew this year, so I get to go back to some of my old honey holes and I get to make my 12 year old son for his first taste of mule deer hunting too. Can't wait!

NDGuy

WKR
So it will go back on card?

Muley 4B. Not expecting to win for a while..

Yes. For bow? I'm not overly familiar with NR odds but I assume they aren't great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. For bow? I'm not overly familiar with NR odds but I assume they aren't great.

Non res archery draw was the beginning of the year. Also non res archery tags aren't unit specific.

So jm1607 is going for the 1% of tags allocated for non res rifle hunters. Those are pretty tough odds.

Regards, Branden.

NDGuy

WKR
Non res archery draw was the beginning of the year. Also non res archery tags aren't unit specific.

So jm1607 is going for the 1% of tags allocated for non res rifle hunters. Those are pretty tough odds.

Regards, Branden.

Ya considering residents have to wait typically 5-6 years for Mule deer gun I'd expect NRs to struggle drawing. And there really isn't that great of Muley genetics in this state.

Muleys32

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know about when we'll get our refund? Does it get charged back on the card or a check in the mail?

This is my first year for ND...

For resident rifle refunds I got them returned to me on my card and that was august-september time. Not sure about non resident archery. I would assume it would be the same?

Scoot

WKR
NR archery was 100% about 6 years ago and prior, now it's down to less than 20%.

Wapiti406

WKR
NR archery was 100% about 6 years ago and prior, now it's down to less than 20%.

I've looked through their game and fish website and never did see a % draw. Where did you find this for deer bow, non resident? I'm used to Montana's site that gives a pretty detailed break down of how licenses were allocated in reference to district, residency and bonus points from the previous year. Also, what is the refund amount for non resident for deer bow?

NDGuy

WKR
They don't post historical drawing odds. Just the year prior, and I do not believe they post NR vs Resident. I'd email them.

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
Only reasons you wouldnt have received a refund yet could be for two reasons. 1 - you clicked the box to donate the money to our PLOTS (private land open to sportsmen) program. 2 - they wait to send refunds after the 2nd drawing, which is for the remaining anterless tags. I believe that is when they send the money back to your credit card. It may depend on the way you sent them money. If you sent a money order, they may mail you something back. From my experience, using a credit card, they will refund the card you used.
And as NDGuy stated, you wont get historical drawing odds due to our bonus point system. The odds vary in point classes from year to year. I applied for 4C mulie buck tag. 2015 draw odds with 5 points was around 50%. I believe 2016 was 30 some percent. Hoping to get lucky next year with 6 points.

NDGuy

WKR
Over 100k residents applied for 48k tags. I think I had a 30% to draw with 2 points as a resident. G&F f'd up baaaaad, we have lost way too much habitat and gave out way too many tags 5-6 years ago.