Arizona Deer Results Posted

Maverick940

Banned
I had 3 and my buddy had 1 going in together with the obvious 2, so we got stupid damn lucky, right around 4% chance.

Yeah, the new draw rules are awesome. Anther one of my clients drew a December rifle rut hunt with just 6 points, as his 3rd choice!

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, the new draw rules are awesome. Anther one of my clients drew a December rifle rut hunt with just 6 points, as his 3rd choice!

Whattttttt? Thats crazy! didn't even think that would be possible 3rd choice. Bu tea I love it, couldn't manage to draw shit while I was stationed in AZ except a crap deer tag and a cow tag, took me leaving to start drawing. haha. Drew a unit 10 Late rifle bull with 1 also. That'll never happen again! hahaha

Maverick940

Banned
Whattttttt? Thats crazy! didn't even think that would be possible 3rd choice. Bu tea I love it, couldn't manage to draw shit while I was stationed in AZ except a crap deer tag and a cow tag, took me leaving to start drawing. haha. Drew a unit 10 Late rifle bull with 1 also. That'll never happen again! hahaha

Tried to reply to your PM that you sent, but your mailbox is full.

R_burg

WKR
Yep, call me any time. My seven-month fall/winter guiding season is about to begin, but if I'll get back to you when I'm in civilization.

I'd appreciate getting together in Phoenix in November, to hear your hunting story. So, be sure to stay in touch.

Yeah, the winter archery deer season is a heck of a lot of fun. Depending on where you're hunting, you'll probably see more big bucks in the desert, than what you'll see in Unit 12A in August/September. But, the Kaibab does have a few monsters, if a person is willing to "go the extra mile".

I've never hunted New York State, but I saw some darn nice whitetails outside of Albany during the winter of 1996.
For some reason I can't send you a message... Sorry I haven't called yet, but I'll try you tonight, I've been really busy.

And I'd definitely be game to get together. I love talking hunting.

Maverick940

Banned
For some reason I can't send you a message... Sorry I haven't called yet, but I'll try you tonight, I've been really busy.

And I'd definitely be game to get together. I love talking hunting.

Okay, no problem. Send a text or call, whenever you want. My seven-month guiding season is about to begin, but I'll get back to you whenever I can.

OP
Zim

Zim

FNG
Congrats! I don't know too much about hunting the Kaibab, but I do know that driving between the North Rim and Jacob Lake at night in the fall can be a nail-biter with all the deer running around.

What I worried about more was the cattle. The black cows are near impossible to see at night and one got hammered when I was there last fall. I do that drive fairly slow and wonder what the guys that blow past me are thinkin, or not.

Burned 4 NR points for that hunt last year but drew it back to back on just my hunter's ed & loyalty points this year. Only about a 15% chance. I burned 15 elk points for a unit 1 archery tag, so applied for the Kaibab deer again as it would be a sweet combo. The deer season ends the day before my elk hunt opens. Upgraded to a new Kodiak tent in anticipation of a lot of camping days down there this fall.

OTC for me. I've been seeing a lot of big bucks in the OTC archery unit I'm gonna hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew a early rifle tag in 12B west.... this will be my first mule deer hunt. I've been reading anything I can find on the unit and that season in particular. From what I gather it can be a tough hunt if looking for a big guy but if I keep my expectations on size realistic I should have a good experience? If anyone has any tips or advice I'd be more than appreciative!