Arizona Deer Results Posted

Zim

FNG
Not sure if it's for everyone, but my deer result has posted this morning in my portal site. Kaibab archery. So you might want to check your portal.

Maverick940

Banned
Kaibab early archery here.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

I presume that you've been up on the plateau, before. That should give you at least something to start from. I can give you some pointers too, if need be.

R_burg

WKR
I presume that you've been up on the plateau, before. That should give you at least something to start from. I can give you some pointers too, if need be.
I have not.

I moved to the state only a couple yrs ago, so I am trying to investigate everything I can but I haven't been up there yet.

Maverick940

Banned
I have not.

I moved to the state only a couple yrs ago, so I am trying to investigate everything I can but I haven't been up there yet.

Okay. I presume that you've killed mule deer with your bow, but not sure what you're looking for in terms of meat or if it's a trophy, and what your definition of "trophy" is.

In any case, I won't be up there for the archery season, but I can give you some pointers on where you might start looking.

R_burg

WKR
Okay. I presume that you've killed mule deer with your bow, but not sure what you're looking for in terms of meat or if it's a trophy, and what your definition of "trophy" is.

In any case, I won't be up there for the archery season, but I can give you some pointers on where you might start looking.

That would be great, feel free to PM me any pointers on where to start, it would be a huge help (or I can reach out to you when I get to a computer).

Im from out east, so a bunch of whitetails under my belt but no Muleys yet. I spot and stalked a few last year, it was a great experience but I couldn't quite get one down. Learned a ton though.

Not particularly concerned about a trophy, but a nice deer would be fantastic.

Maverick940

Banned
I'll send a PM to you with my phone number and you can give me a call sometime, so we can talk.

Whereabouts back East are you from? Are you now based in Phoenix?

Did you hunt the early season the past two years or the late season, or both?

R_burg

WKR
I'll send a PM to you with my phone number and you can give me a call sometime, so we can talk.

Whereabouts back East are you from? Are you now based in Phoenix?

Did you hunt the early season the past two years or the late season, or both?

Awesome just got your PM, thank you. I'll shoot you a call after work one evening this week.

I'm from NY, grew up hunting state land plots in Central NY and kept doing that until I moved here... And yep, I'm in Phx now.

I hunted the Dec/Jan hunt last yr. The previous yr I was just getting my bearings so I didn't get out.

RoJo

WKR
Kaibab early archery here.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Congrats! I don't know too much about hunting the Kaibab, but I do know that driving between the North Rim and Jacob Lake at night in the fall can be a nail-biter with all the deer running around.

Maverick940

Banned
Awesome just got your PM, thank you. I'll shoot you a call after work one evening this week.

I'm from NY, grew up hunting state land plots in Central NY and kept doing that until I moved here... And yep, I'm in Phx now.

I hunted the Dec/Jan hunt last yr. The previous yr I was just getting my bearings so I didn't get out.

Yep, call me any time. My seven-month fall/winter guiding season is about to begin, but if I'll get back to you when I'm in civilization.

I'd appreciate getting together in Phoenix in November, to hear your hunting story. So, be sure to stay in touch.

Yeah, the winter archery deer season is a heck of a lot of fun. Depending on where you're hunting, you'll probably see more big bucks in the desert, than what you'll see in Unit 12A in August/September. But, the Kaibab does have a few monsters, if a person is willing to "go the extra mile".

I've never hunted New York State, but I saw some darn nice whitetails outside of Albany during the winter of 1996.

Camofreak

FNG
Congrats on the draw. I struck out. How many points did this hunt cost you?

My dad and i drew with a combined 4. I drew a december wt tag last year so i only had 2 points going in.

My buddies on the other hand had like 2pts between 4 of them and drew. So itll be a busy hunt. Its hard when all your helpers draw tags for the same hunt lol. Should be a blast.

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Kaibab 12AE early rifle. Pretty excited, especially for how few point I had!