Idaho unit 50

mlucashr

FNG
Hey guys, been on rockslide for a bit. I'm from Oregon coming over with 2 other guys. I think we've settle on unit 50 for mule deer. A filled tag or two would be great but we don't expect much after the winter we all had. I've got a couple of areas marked out to look during our scouting trip in September. We also have a couple bear tags. Was curious if anyone could PM or respond with a general area to focus on (not asking for coordinates) for a backcountry hunt. We plan on 5 days in the bush. We're all set for anything that comes our way. Even areas to avoid would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
I would look at the previous Idaho thread and comments deer hunting looks pretty dang grim fyi.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
My take is do it. This will be the best of the next 3-5 years. Wont be what is was in the past, but at least you'll be hunting. Have'nt been in that area in a while but I seen more elk than deer, so keep that in mind. As noted in most posts, get away from the roads and be willing to stay the night if needed on the mountain. Not a lot of water up high either so there's that, so doing more than what most won't do will give you an advantage. You have an open unit tag so look in neighboring units for areas that might look good.