NW Kansas Mule Deer

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
So I'll start by saying I've already talked to a couple people privately from here and they offered some great advice...Thanks. However, as is the case with any hunt, it's basically all I can think about in the weeks and months leading up to it. I'll be hunting the early muzzleloader season in Areas 1 & 2 which comes in on the 11th of September. I'll be skipping the first couple days and hunting the last week and a half. I've hunted other parts of Kansas for whitetail in the past, and the second week usually had some additional crops harvested, making hunting slightly easier. I'm hoping that is the case in NW Kansas as well. It is pretty hard for a nonresident to get this tag so I want to hit the ground as prepared as possible. I did have the chance to get the lay of the land on a quick trip in June. While that helps, it wasn't the in depth scouting I'd like. Is there any advice or tips that anyone can offer that has hunted this area in the past....especially during the month of September?

Thanks for any help

Interested to hear how things have gone for you as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow nice work. That's a really cool buck! I like the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PAbow84

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I only hunted public ground which was a little state ground and WIHA. This buck was killed on WIHA.