Utah Sage Country Mule Deer

Hey guys,

This year I attempted an archery backpack hunt in a high country unit in Utah for the first time as a non resident (I hunted it as a resident for two years before moving out of state). Unfortunately I ended up having to work or be available to work for the majority of the week I had planned to hunt. I'm thinking I could make a hunt work in a unit that's more conducive to a day hunt as I only had to work or be available for work for only part of the day.

I'm interested in hunting a unit that consists of big open sage country with big canyons to glass. I really enjoy spending a lot of time behind my glass and watching a buck bed down and then planning a stalk. I'm wondering if any of you guys have some advice on where to start? I don't know the state of Utah all that well and could use some direction. I'd like to keep the hunt in Utah as my wife has family out there and it's easier to convince her to let me hunt out west if she gets to visit family (her family doesn't hunt). If you'd like to PM me with any pointers that would be great. I'd be more than happy to share info on the high country unit I've hunted if anyone's willing to help me out.

Here's a few pictures of the type of country I have in mind.

IMG_2934.JPGIMG_2935.JPGIMG_2933.JPG

I really appreciate any advice anyone is willing to share! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk