Tooth aging

Where do I send a jaw to for tooth aging? Will MT FWP do it or do I need to send it off to some place. What's it cost?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Wyoming will age them for a fee if Mt does not. Just need to middle 2 lower teeth in the jaw, the whole tooth, roots especially.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OP
TradLife406
I️ can get them done for $30. See Welcome to We Scout For You - Semi-Guided and Self Guided Hunts | Hunt Scouting| Elk Hunting | Deer Hunting - Semi-Guided and Self Guided Hunts | Hunt Scouting| Elk Hunting | Deer Hunting and click on the “how old is my buck” link at top of page once there. Need sample by December to ensure results back by late March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect! Awesome book by the way!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Where do I send a jaw to for tooth aging? Will MT FWP do it or do I need to send it off to some place. What's it cost?
Thanks

Don’t do it! I am now addicted. But I have to say taking the teeth to the UPS store and having them box them up is fun🤣🤣

Last edited:
OP
TradLife406
Don’t do it! I am now addicted. But I have to say taking the teeth to the UPS store and having the box them up is fun🤣🤣

Hahahaha I bet! North Central Montana got hit hard by EHD in 2013, so basically we are starting over from scratch. So it would be neat to kind of see how old the older bucks are.

Tick

WKR
Any new options for labs that you guys have a good experience with?

I have sent several sets of whitetail teeth to deerage.com and they have always gotten the results back to me as promised. Cost for the standard test is about $35 and they get you the results back in 90 days. Just make sure you follow their instructions for tooth extraction. I'm waiting on results from my buck from last year 👍

Rizzy

WKR
Does it have to be teeth off the bottom jaw? I have a Deer skull I would like to yank teeth out of and send in.

slick

WKR
I’ve only ever taken bottom incisors. I’m not sure if they can do it to top teeth or not.

My gf worked at Matsons for a bit, I’ll ask when she wakes up.

Does it have to be teeth off the bottom jaw? I have a Deer skull I would like to yank teeth out of and send in.
I'm pretty sure to send them to deerage.com you need the two lower front incisors from the bottom jaw...

wytx

WKR
The tooth aging lab in Laramie is one of , if not the most accurate in the country.
Call the Laramie office and they will let you talk with the lab to send in teeth. 307-745-4046

Hunt2019

FNG
Filled my first deer tag ever in 2019. Sent mine to Robby at We Scout 4 U. I'm not expecting results until this summer but it's an easy process and easy price.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Filled my first deer tag ever in 2019. Sent mine to Robby at We Scout 4 U. I'm not expecting results until this summer but it's an easy process and easy price.

Hi. I get so many. Remind me when you sent them. I just sent an order two weeks ago so looking good for summer or earlier if you were in that one. Thanks for the business.

Hunt2019

FNG
Hi. I get so many. Remind me when you sent them. I just sent an order two weeks ago so looking good for summer or earlier if you were in that one. Thanks for the business.

Thanks for following up. I should clarify although it was from the '19 season I did not send it your way until early January 2020 (from Southern California).

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for following up. I should clarify although it was from the '19 season I did not send it your way until early January 2020 (from Southern California).
Ok you’re in the current batch that’s out for testing. Hoping for May results!

Marble

WKR
Found this dead head buck 2 weeks ago on my ranch. Never seen the buck before and it's a mile from any main road. We dont get many people on the ranch trespassing but I'm sure there are some sneaky ones.

He died within the last 5 to 6 weeks based on the condition of the skull. Only thing attached to the head was 6 to 7 vertebrae. Never found the rest of the body. Going to search for it during turkey season.

Be interesting to see opinion on his age. I'll post the antlers later. I think he's around 4.5, but that's based on my internet expertise....

20200306_092325.jpg20200306_092328.jpg20200306_092332.jpg