DIY northwest SD Mulies with archery gear after rifle season in the

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
DIY northwest SD Mulies with archery gear before rifle season

Planning on doing my first archery mule deer hunt next season starting the day after rifle closes for the following 2 weeks. Have been doing lots of research and narrowed down to starting in the northwest corner and working my way south if need be. Has anyone hunted this area that can help answer a few questions and give me some insight on terrain and to hear my game plan and tell me if I am on the right track. Would like to keep it though PM. Thanks to all who reply with some insight.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Keep an eye on sdgfp, lots of talk of limiting nr tags in coming years due to discruntal residents not liking the pressure. Just something to keep in mind.

Iv always wanted to try out there late, but It seems like a roll of the dice if the weather is nasty or not. Iv hunted there just prior to rifle. Lots of area to check out, don't be afraid to leave the truck.

krohboy

WKR
Shoot me a pm with any questions. I'm in that area this weekend and have hunted here for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Theres a little reading over on the bowsite state forum.

So i went and checked it out those same people have been trying this bs for years now. It wont happen. Our gfp is under funded the way it is. How do they think we pay for the walk in areas and such. Its the same group of whiners as always

OP
J

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to correct my Original post I will be going BEFORE rifle season and leaving when rifle open! Sorry for the mis match

Lawnboi

WKR
So i went and checked it out those same people have been trying this bs for years now. It wont happen. Our gfp is under funded the way it is. How do they think we pay for the walk in areas and such. Its the same group of whiners as always

That's what I figure, I shared my opinions with the powers that be. I really enjoy spending time hunting and recreating in South Dakota.

OP feel free to pm me, iv been out there around that time frame a few times, both successfully and unsuccessfully. It's a fun hunt.

PredatorX

WKR
Is SD really hit that hard with pressure? Seems like there is a ton of land available in SD.