Brian Latturner's MONSTER buck

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey buck hunters. As I said in my book, anyone looking to up his game on big mule deer should study those who get it done on purpose.

In this spirit, I featured a sub-chapter on Brian Latturner, owner of MonsterMuleys.com, in my book for this very reason.

He is a smart and hard-working hunter who always finds a way to take some very big bucks, almost yearly.

Here is his 2017 buck from the Centennial state. Besides seeing the buck, it's worth your watch to see how he hunts DIY/solo

Brian, if you see this thread, my hat's off to you:

WOW! What a dandy buck. He's so nonchalant about it, where I would be babbling like an idiot had I shot something like that. Great video! Thanks for sharing.

4ester

WKR
He does kill some good bucks.

But everyone in Wyoming hates his guts for what he is/was doing. Not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
He does kill some good bucks.

But everyone in Wyoming hates his guts for what he is/was doing. Not a fan.

I'll clarify what you mean so he doesn't get accused of law breaking.

Brian offers scouting packages for Wyoming. Just like my company does for Idaho.

Bobbyboe

WKR
I agree. He is the reason I stopped using monstermuleys and found this site.

I am a bit disappointed that a website full of hardcore DIY hunters hold him in high regard. Smh.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. He is the reason I stopped using monstermuleys and found this site.

I am a bit disappointed that a website full of hardcore DIY hunters hold him in high regard. Smh.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. But why wouldn't we endorse another DIY hunter like Brian?

Bobbyboe

WKR
Everyone has the right to their opinion. But why wouldn't we endorse another DIY hunter like Brian?

Feel free to read through the hundreds of posts on monstermuleys.com regarding the issue. That should provide you with the answer you are seeking.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen many and don't recall anything that would discredit him as a DIY hunter?

4ester

WKR
I'll clarify what you mean so he doesn't get accused of law breaking.

Brian offers scouting packages for Wyoming. Just like my company does for Idaho.

Oh it’s completely legal as of right now, but there is some new laws possibly coming to fix this.

Call it whatever you want. He was selling exact GPS locations of deer with pictures/camping locations etc and is not a licensed guide.

Being an out of stater and selling Wyoming’s deer to fill his pockets has a bunch of local hunters pretty mad.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
4ester,
Yes, I understand all that, and I've gone through the same thing in Idaho where legally you can sell scouting packages, just like Wyoming. If the laws change, then I'll drop the service as would Brian I'm sure.

Like I said, everyone has the right to an opinion, I just won't let this thread turn into false accusations.

4ester

WKR
4ester,
Yes, I understand all that, and I've gone through the same thing in Idaho where legally you can sell scouting packages, just like Wyoming. If the laws change, then I'll drop the service as would Brian I'm sure.

Like I said, everyone has the right to an opinion, I just won't let this thread turn into false accusations.

No accusations made.

Just personal feelings on the matter.

Just stating that I and others as Wyoming residents will not support him in what he does.

That thing is a stud.
When I saw it on the first part of the video, I thought, "Shoot that buck". When he passed I thought, "he needs to see a Dr"
Then he gets a second chance, sound familiar Robby?
lol

Great story, and I love his smiles and enthusiasm for his passion.
Self filming is tough as well, I'd be all flustered with that thing, guess he may have been too as the kill shot didn't get edited in?

Wonder what the final score was?

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Passed him on day 2 .. Wait did he really just say that? Man what a beast he does kill some good ones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I don't support Latturner either and am totally against the selling of GPS locations, there is already enough advantages for the average hunter now adays to make things easier than they used to be. It's nothing but greed to me, there is nothing ethical about it, not fair chase, gives hunting a bad name.

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to Latturner on an awesome deer in Colorado! That guy works hard for sure.