Arizona 27 archery?

RoJo

WKR
Just out of curiosity, did you see/hear many/any coyotes in that country? Or even wolves (there are several packs of Mexican grey wolves in 27)?

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Awesome congrats...headed over Monday...were you able to locate deer during the day or only early and late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity, did you see/hear many/any coyotes in that country? Or even wolves (there are several packs of Mexican grey wolves in 27)?

de21ff18720f62ce4a675d45e40a7b12.jpg

Is this a wolf or dog?

I heard yotes in both areas and am fairly sure I heard wolves when near Alma

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome congrats...headed over Monday...were you able to locate deer during the day or only early and late?

Mostly first 20 minutes and last hour, though I killed my buck in the timber at 10am.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Glassing a nice Coues buck now...but he may as well be in Mexico! Tons of deer and 2 really goods ones yesterday...too many does could not close the gap
9ee09584f7933f022f876ba6e05c05fb.jpg

Glassing a nice Coues buck now...but he may as well be in Mexico! Tons of deer and 2 really goods ones yesterday...too many does could not close the gap
9ee09584f7933f022f876ba6e05c05fb.jpg

Awesome! Been seeing mulies as well?

RoJo

WKR
With the front that moved through, I bet is has been a bit chilly out there.

I am actually surprised you have enough cell signal to post a photo, I have driven for an hour on 191 without any signal, and only Silver City NM on the radio.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

FNG
Good luck out there, just got back last week from 27, saw lots of activity but couldn't close the deal. Will definitely be returning.

Hank Hill

FNG
Good luck out there, just got back last week from 27, saw lots of activity but couldn't close the deal. Will definitely be returning.

Spotted a pretty nice bighorn across the valley as well. Actually saw the same group a couple of times over the course of a week, really cool country. Poor quality image but it was taken off my cell phone thru the binos.

1chMps3.jpg

Rich1201

FNG
Spotted a pretty nice bighorn across the valley as well. Actually saw the same group a couple of times over the course of a week, really cool country. Poor quality image but it was taken off my cell phone thru the binos.

1chMps3.jpg
Did you pack in camp? Going in September and was planning on camping at Juan Miller and hiking in daily. Does this seem doable or would it put me at a huge disadvantage? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I was with Hank Hill and we didn’t hike camp in is as we were seeing deer daily after a 30 minute hike from our main campsite. Beautiful country, not much water. Saw coues and mulies

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Quick recap...was on bucks most every day...closing the gap was futile with the dead calm conditions and crispy ground!!! Saw 2 studs which were surprisingly together with the same doe group though one was definitely dominant...had one opportunity at a small 2 point that I passed and several does...Spotted a wolf pack, 5 Javelina some cow elk several yotes and 6 longbeards. All in all a great week but frustrating as well...be back at it next year!!! Some beautiful rugged country in there!

Last edited: