• Utah Jimmy

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders
It's time to vote for winner of the Best Mule Deer Hunting Photo contest. 1st place-3rd place winners take home...
1) Kryptek Altitude Clothing
2) Rokslide Kill Kit
3) Copy of "Hunting Big Mule Deer"

If you missed the entry thread, it's here http://www.rokslide.com/forums/mule...eer-buck-photo-contest-sponsored-kryptek.html

The Rokslide staff just voted on the top six finalists based on the entry rules. Now it's the Rokslide members' turns to pick the three winners.

Here are the rules we judged the finalists by:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the animal, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a deer harvested in 2017

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you want to vote.)

I'll only be using the official poll to award the winners- comment votes won't count

I'll leave the poll open until approximately January 8th. Any member can vote once, and if you're in the contest, go ahead and vote on your own if you want to (we can't stop you anyway!:))

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo:

Drew@Selway
attachment.php

ShedhunterMD
attachment.php

Spdrman buck #1
attachment.php

mtnmn35rem5
attachment.php

Spdrman buck #2

attachment.php

UtahJimmy
attachment.php

Last edited:
I am sooooooo bummed my pic didn't make it. I figgered since it was sponsored by kryptek, and I think I was the only one dressed in kryptek, I'd be a shoo-in....... Oh well, bigger bucks, handsome-er faces, cooler gear and purtier backdrops seem to be the order of the day. Good bye cruel world.....grin

great pics, guys

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I am sooooooo bummed my pic didn't make it. I figgered since it was sponsored by kryptek, and I think I was the only one dressed in kryptek, I'd be a shoo-in....... Oh well, bigger bucks, handsome-er faces, cooler gear and purtier backdrops seem to be the order of the day. Good bye cruel world.....grin

great pics, guys

Sorry, wearing the sponsor gear wasn't part of the judging criteria, but glad to know you're a Kryptek believer

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
There needs to be more than one winner, I had a hard time picking one to vote on.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There needs to be more than one winner, I had a hard time picking one to vote on.

There are three winners, but you can only vote on one. I guess having three choices might make it easier to vote but if people are voting on their favorites, should still come out with a pretty accurate top three. I'm no statistician though, so who knows. Thanks for voting!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, we have our winners!

1st Place for the Kryptek Altitude Clothing (this stuff is nice!) Spdrman #1 buck with his top-of-the world photo

2nd Place for the Rokslide Kill Kit (these things are lucky, I'm telling you) Drew@Selway with his big mule deer taken with a stick bow!

3rd Place for a signed copy of Hunting Big Mule Deer, Spdrman #2 buck (this dude won 1st and 3rd place--give us all some photo lessons Jordan!!!!)

All I need for you guys to claim your prizes is post on this thread AND fire me an email at [email protected]

Thanks everyone for voting. Time to get ready for 2018!

Last edited:

spdrman

WKR
Thanks Rokslide and everyone that voted! First buck I was fortunate enough to have Frank Peralta there to take pics for me! Second buck I was solo and lucked out using the self timer button!

Hard to truly appreciate the first buck without seeing him from every angle so here's some more pics of him, my best buck to date and I couldn't be happier with him!

Thanks again everyone!

4c9d432a023fc7a72ed180e1b61b7f8b.jpg
a542d266f4eff5655c256388e31f8ef0.jpg
d465d7581613887981237ef42885994a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Drew@selway

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Ryan, Robby, and the rest of the Rokslide crew for the opportunity. A huge thanks to everyone that voted!

It was an awesome day on the mountain, my first muley, and hopefully not my last. This hunt was proof why having multiple species tags in your pocket can pay off. Funny how fast running and gunning for bulls turns into making a play on a big buck. Id love to make up some great elaborate story of a super tough stalk, but this one came easy, and with the stickbow you take those opportunities when they come.

Thanks again everyone!
59740a93c089bf3b1c3ec74b81ebfe62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I love the extra pics you guys. Thanks.

Jordan, sounds like you're sharing your prizes with Frank!