Recommendations for 2018 Texas Mule Deer Hunt

Hi all,

I need some help on finding a good/reputable outfitter in Texas for mule deer in 2018. If you or you know someone that has had a good hunting experience please let me know. There would be two hunters for this trip. Thank you in advance!

mdfanatic

FNG
You'll have to get on a waiting list with Greg. I'm on the list and hoping to get the call this year. Check High West Outfitters also. Younger guy running it and they take some nice deer. Desert Safaris is another. Outfitters are harder to come by in Texas.

Are you open to any other states? I work with some of the best outfitters in the West and have Muledeer hunts in CO, NM, SD, WY. Give me a call and we can discuss the details.
Mark 325-276-1414
[email protected]
fulltimehunts.com

wytx

WKR
Mulie MIke is a good one to talk with. Head over to the Texas Hunting Forum and read about some of his hunts, he comes pretty highly recommended by many.

Kokernot 06 Ranch || Alpine & Fort Davis, Texas || Hereford Cattle

A company I worked for used to lease the Kokernot 06 Ranch in Alpine. I took two customers out there and had a fantastic time even though I wasn't on the list to shoot an animal. They both harvested nice bucks. It is something like 130,000 acres of stunning country. They aren't season leasing it out now. The Lacy's are really nice people, and the hunting manager Lance was out there when I was and was a great guy to talk to.

Typical hunt was to drive around looking for deer in suburbans. We stopped several places to glass productive areas. When we saw something that looked good, we put a stalk on it. We saw pronghorn, elk, mule deer, white tail, and aoudad. When we tagged the two bucks for the customers, we drove up top and tried to do some population control on aoudad ewe's. At the time, we could shoot as many ewe's as we wanted to.

I have no idea on costs. Some of the guides guided elsewhere also and he told me he charged $3,000.00 for a 5 day hunt. This was in 2007.