Took a few blown stalks and mishaps
Lol

Persistence and patience
7244ece2becf85b6e65c6d968f754756.jpg
9cceb20140878b2c38f1e1ae688caa1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice. How far was the shot? Give us some stalk details man!

Looks like a wide ol south Texas whitetail rack on a desert muley body.

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Cool muley. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
It was a 62 yard shot I recorded the whole thing over in the live hunt story section you can get more details there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rhino

FNG
How rude of me though... awesome buck and congrats was in order prior to bothering you with a question

OP
mfllood3800
How rude of me though... awesome buck and congrats was in order prior to bothering you with a question

No problem, I get all excited when I see pics of big bucks to, it happens to all f us. lol

OP
mfllood3800
Congrats, and God bless Arizona

Yes thank you AZ. I moved to AZ in 1986 and still have my home there and my business. Though I reside in Utah, I spend just under half my time in AZ.
Odd thing I was talking to my grandson and all the years we lived there( 20) and rode dirt bikes in that area we never saw a deer. They were there but rare to see one. Then They planted some hay and cotton about 15-20 years ago and the deer migrated and moved in and populated very well.
I am fortunate to have a home in that area.

OP
mfllood3800
I had a guy come on my Face Book page and talk about how he and his buddies had been after this buck for 3 years before this year.
They named him OJ, cause he was hard to catch. He told me he has always been a 4 pointer and in years past was actually wider than this year. He also sent me a pic of the deer the week before I got him.

Another guy contacted me and told me they named him Chocolate and had been on him several times as well.

And yet another guy had been on this deer, shot at under 20 yards and a rock deflected his arrow.

With all this history I am really humbled to have been in the right place at the right time, and harvest this mature old wiley desert muley.

I have 2 different pics of this deer from other hunters taken this month of January.
Kind of neat to have a history report on him.

I had a guy come on my Face Book page and talk about how he and his buddies had been after this buck for 3 years before this year.
They named him OJ, cause he was hard to catch. He told me he has always been a 4 pointer and in years past was actually wider than this year. He also sent me a pic of the deer the week before I got him.

Another guy contacted me and told me they named him Chocolate and had been on him several times as well.

And yet another guy had been on this deer, shot at under 20 yards and a rock deflected his arrow.

With all this history I am really humbled to have been in the right place at the right time, and harvest this mature old wiley desert muley.

I have 2 different pics of this deer from other hunters taken this month of January.
Kind of neat to have a history report on him.

That's amazing! Congrats on such an awesome buck!