Early pine valley rifle hunt

lif

WKR
Hey guys. I’m probably going to draw the early pine valley rifle tag in Utah this year. Just wondering if anyone has been there before and can point me in directions of places to camp near hunting areas and overall dos and donts of the unit. I think I’m leaning towards spike camping in the wilderness but I’m just starting my research. Thanks for any help.

Jd259

WKR
I’ve hunted that unit on the muzzle loader tag a couple years ago where are you planning on hunting? Shoot me a pm and I can try and help ya out if your planning on hunting the same area I hunted.

If dry conditions persist through the year locating water will be even more valuable than normal.

Im a dedicated hunter for that unit. Shoot me a pm with a contact number and I'll share all i can. I'll also be there for 7 days on the archery hunt.

OP
L

lif

WKR
Dates are October 10-14. I’m assuming the bucks will be up high in summer ground still but I am just guessing from the dates. Thanks.

bwelshl7

FNG
Hey there, I drew this general pine Valley Archery tag. Coming to hunting from Iowa, just wondering what to expect. Looking to enjoy the trip and hopefully get into some deer. thanks

ryork801

FNG
Hey there, I drew this general pine Valley Archery tag. Coming to hunting from Iowa, just wondering what to expect. Looking to enjoy the trip and hopefully get into some deer. thanks
Hey bwelshl7, or anyone willing to help for that matter I just moved to St. George 5 days ago, was supposed to be here 4 months ago and hoping to scout the unit well unfortunately my house sell fell through in Salt Lake more than I care to discuss. With that being said, I have an archery tag in hand and I am going solo archery hunting this weekend and don't know the unit at all if you or anyone for that matter wants to share any information or buddy up for a weekend to hunt...I am all ears! Hope everyone has a great opening weekend!

Thanks,
Ryan