Colorado 4th season questions

bpctcb

WKR
I plan on burning my handful of deer points on a Colorado 4th season tag this year before my point accumulation gets out of hand. Dates for the hunt are November 14-18. I have my choices narrowed down to 2 units. I do not have any 4th season experience in either unit, but have hunted them both in other seasons and know the areas decently well.

Are 4th season hunts like any other hunt where the deer are where they are and this will depend a lot on weather? Or do you think that I can hunt migration travel routes and have a good chance of seeing bucks regardless of weather/snow levels due to the hunt dates?

Thanks,
BP

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year I drew a fourth season tag hunted the first couple days in a sweat shirt and the last couple wearing almost everything I brought along for the trip. I killed my buck in a transition area and my partner killed out on the very top of a mountain in the thick pines. I thought I would see more deer but in general where I saw deer there would be deer in there everyday. We checked a bunch of the same spots every day and different bucks would move in and out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk