Question about south west Wyoming

Hey everyone, just had a couple questions about possibly hunting region k this season, units 132, 133, 134 and 168. My brother in law, niece and I are planning a combo deer and antelope hunt and I'm just curious how the deer population is doing in the south west part of the state? I know the winter was pretty hard on a lot of the west but is it worth burning 2 points on those units right now? We'll apply for all the HMA's in the region and be mobile. Realistically I'd be happy with seeing a few bucks a day and hopefully watching my niece take her first animal. The chance at a 140's plus buck would be nice but getting out of California for a fun hunt is more important right now. Thanks for any insight you all can give me!!

Garrett

wytx

WKR
How many antelope PP do you have? Your deer PP will get you a region tag in other areas of the state that did not have any winterkill last year.

OP
ReddingArcher
My brother in law has 3 points and I have 2, I'm not sure how many my niece has but I think its just one point. I would prefer not to do a combo hunt and just focus on deer being its only an 8 day season. But it will work out. So do you feel like burning a couple points on region k is a bad move?

There were 60 fawns collared in SW wyo in 2016.
After the winter of 16/17 There were 60 dead collared fawns in SW wyo

OP
ReddingArcher
There were 60 fawns collared in SW wyo in 2016.
After the winter of 16/17 There were 60 dead collared fawns in SW wyo

Ouch! That's brutal, I'm trying to convince my brother in law to either wait and build another point or two or try for a unit that wasn't hit so hard. I'm gonna make a call to the biologist tomorrow and get some more feedback. Thanks for the responses so far guys.