Bookcliffs question

muddydogs

WKR
Supposedly turned in tags go to the next person in line, from what I understand they basically have an alternate list starting with the next person that would have drawn if there was one more tag, first looser, and going down the draw list on the random draw.

amp713

WKR
Thought I had it in the bag and max points and didn't get it again.... as a resident.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thought I had it in the bag and max points and didn't get it again.... as a resident.
How many points did you have? Not "MAX" because then you would have not even considered applying to the books

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bowuntr

WKR
Highest point (max) should have been 15 for archery Book Cliffs... if all things stayed the same. I'm at 14 and the way it looks, I'll be chasing point creep for a while. Oh well, I'll just hunt Coues Whitetail in August... Ed F

amp713

WKR
How many points did you have? Not "MAX" because then you would have not even considered applying to the books

Max for books archery I should say and I've seen some very impressive bucks out there I'd be more than happy with. I'd never draw Henry's or pauns I cant draw jack.

I had 9 points as a resident. So I mean not 100 max obviously but last year only 5 of 37 didnt draw with 9 points of I remember correctly and only 1 was drawn from the regular pool and not the max pool. They added more tags this year as well so I figured I'd be in the money. Now hopefully me sharing this info doesnt screw me next year too ha!

amp713

WKR

And whenever I say max I mean max pool for the tag I expect to draw. I dont know how else you would define max. There are people sitting on 20+ points waiting to pick when they draw rifle Henry's. That tag has a much different "max" point than the archery antelope tag I'm watching.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
True but because everyone with 9 didn't draw last year now "max" points will be atlest 10
And whenever I say max I mean max pool for the tag I expect to draw. I dont know how else you would define max. There are people sitting on 20+ points waiting to pick when they draw rifle Henry's. That tag has a much different "max" point than the archery antelope tag I'm watching.

bowuntr

WKR
That would mean that all with 15 did not draw or several with 16 or more decided to apply... bummer. I'm going to have to rethink my strategy and look at other units to use my points on. Ed F

I drew this tag two years ago......when you draw, PM me and I'll tell you everything I know on the unit. There's some camp spots near there.....nearest supply town is a ways.
I just joined the forum, so I am not allowed to send a PM yet, but I drew a tag for Book Cliffs North at the hunting expo. I recently moved from Michigan so any information you could share on this unit would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

bowuntr

WKR
I just joined the forum, so I am not allowed to send a PM yet, but I drew a tag for Book Cliffs North at the hunting expo. I recently moved from Michigan so any information you could share on this unit would be much appreciated.

Deer or elk? Archery? Ed F

npm352

WKR
I hunted muzzy 4 years ago and hunted on top and came in from the North. There were deer everywhere. They may have began to migrate off the top by then. It is a very fun hunt. You will see a lot of bucks. Congrats.