Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon Hunters, Want to hunt AZ?

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Hello everyone.
So here's the deal. I live and primarily hunt in Arizona - coues deer mostly until I pin down the muley habitat nearby. It is my goal to make one away hunting trip each year to a western state to hunt mule deer. Like many of us, I have limited vacation time and income so making a scouting trip to an OTC area puts a strain on both departments but I easily have enough to do a solid week - 10 day trip.
I'm sure this idea has been tossed around on here before but I'll bring it up again to see if there is any interest. What I would like to do is offer an invitation to hunt coues deer down here in Arizona unit 34a where we have the draw for rifle but also the OTC for the December and January rut. I just moved to the northern area or 34a where there are plenty of deer and more than enough public land. I will scout and put in the time and leg work to hopefully find some shooter bucks. If you like you are welcome to make a trip down here to hunt and I will happily go with you, whether I also hunt or not. I won't mind sitting behind the glass since I'll either be hunting with you or in a couple months myself anyway. I hunt archery while I'm building up some points so even if you draw one of our rifle tags I'm happy to get you on your way and accompany you at least part of the hunt if I can't get away from work for the whole thing. In return I would be looking for someone to hunt mule deer with in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming, or wherever it is you are. OTC would be great but since not every state has OTC I would take you up on that once I get drawn. I figure it would be a great way to get familiar with some new areas, let someone else get familiar with and hunt my backyard (70 degrees in January during the rut really is pretty awesome) and make a few new friends in the western hunting community at the same time.
So if there is any interest in hunting with a complete stranger down here in the Arizona desert by all means let me know! Send me a PM and we can kick around a few ideas. Take care!

dan

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have any points in Wyoming? I usually hunt alone, I haven’t found any giants during the season but do find some good ones during the summer scouting. I usually see 150-170 bucks in the rifle season. I hunted in 36b a bunch of years ago and any yo go back to Arizona in the future.

OP
D

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have any points in Wyoming. I only just got back into hunting and am from the Midwest so I’m pretty much starting from scratch. My plan is to build up points in each of the states as I go and OTC when I don’t get drawn.
I’m working some access issues down here now. Hopefully I’ll have very quick access to a few nice canyons before summer arrives. Like a lot of places many private properties circle the public land, blocking access. Still can’t figure out how that is legal.

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
There’s some great pronghorn hunting around my part of the state. I can’t speak for the rest of it though, but I’ve heard it’s pretty good in the central part too.

OP
D

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to start looking into that as well. We have a few down here in my part of Arizona but they're few and far between for the most part.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Hello everyone.
So here's the deal. I live and primarily hunt in Arizona - coues deer mostly until I pin down the muley habitat nearby. It is my goal to make one away hunting trip each year to a western state to hunt mule deer. Like many of us, I have limited vacation time and income so making a scouting trip to an OTC area puts a strain on both departments but I easily have enough to do a solid week - 10 day trip.
I'm sure this idea has been tossed around on here before but I'll bring it up again to see if there is any interest. What I would like to do is offer an invitation to hunt coues deer down here in Arizona unit 34a where we have the draw for rifle but also the OTC for the December and January rut. I just moved to the northern area or 34a where there are plenty of deer and more than enough public land. I will scout and put in the time and leg work to hopefully find some shooter bucks. If you like you are welcome to make a trip down here to hunt and I will happily go with you, whether I also hunt or not. I won't mind sitting behind the glass since I'll either be hunting with you or in a couple months myself anyway. I hunt archery while I'm building up some points so even if you draw one of our rifle tags I'm happy to get you on your way and accompany you at least part of the hunt if I can't get away from work for the whole thing. In return I would be looking for someone to hunt mule deer with in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming, or wherever it is you are. OTC would be great but since not every state has OTC I would take you up on that once I get drawn. I figure it would be a great way to get familiar with some new areas, let someone else get familiar with and hunt my backyard (70 degrees in January during the rut really is pretty awesome) and make a few new friends in the western hunting community at the same time.
So if there is any interest in hunting with a complete stranger down here in the Arizona desert by all means let me know! Send me a PM and we can kick around a few ideas. Take care!

dan

Dan I’m not sure if i would ever make it to Arizona but I’ll have a wall tent base camp set up in an OTC unit in Oregon this fall if you want to chase elk and mule deer at the same time. I’ll be day hunting sometimes as well as heading out on a few 4-5 day backpacking trips from my base camp. I’ll be there at least 3 weeks and the camp will be set up for 5. Fair warning, i am a horrible bow hunter. Pm me if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car7x

WKR
Hey Dan - I have a cabin at Ennis, MT, and this is exactly what I've been working on. Easy archery draws, and if you don't fill your tag is good for ML or rifle. Let's talk

Craig

Car7x

WKR
Hi Dan - trying you again, to chat about MT swap and share. Please let me know if you are full up or not interested? thanks!

Craig