New Mexico Wilderness Hunting / Extra permit required?

skunk

FNG
Today I successfully drew a Mule Deer tag for New Mexico and I could swear I read somewhere that you need a certain permit if you're hunting in a wilderness or national forest area.

Am I confused? I can't find an appropriate permit on the NM Dept of Game and Fish site and I also can't find the info that originally made me think this was needed.

chops24

WKR
you just need a stamp package and a license. Page 20 in the NM Hunting Rules and Info (proclamation)

lapuafan

FNG
Today I successfully drew a Mule Deer tag for New Mexico and I could swear I read somewhere that you need a certain permit if you're hunting in a wilderness or national forest area.

Am I confused? I can't find an appropriate permit on the NM Dept of Game and Fish site and I also can't find the info that originally made me think this was needed.
Some of the wilderness areas require a guide, and I think what your talking about is the tag in case u get lost and they have send someone hunting you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
No wilderness area in New Mexico requires a guide. I believe the permit Skunk is probably referring is the "habitat stamp" which is required to hunt or fish on any federally-managed land.

lapuafan

FNG
Well I got drew on the orynx, and had to have special stamp.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
S

skunk

FNG
No wilderness area in New Mexico requires a guide. I believe the permit Skunk is probably referring is the "habitat stamp" which is required to hunt or fish on any federally-managed land.
Yes, you are correct. I found this info on Gohunt... That's the original site I saw the reference.