New Mexico unit 34

Are there any areas such as wilderness areas where there are no motorized vehicles allowed in unit 34?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any areas such as wilderness areas where there are no motorized vehicles allowed in unit 34?

I don’t believe so, but if you get off the roads a little you can have it to yourself. I was on an elk hunt there a couple of years ago and we didn’t bump in to anyone while we were actually hunting.

Not an area I know, but a call to the local Forest Service Ranger District could surely help you out.
You'll find, as stated before, that a lot of people hunting in NM don't get out of their truck or ORV.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
I would research/scout the area west and east of Mule Canyon Rd.......you'll find there's a lot of country there where vehicle travel is limited.
I thought the same until I hunted it and found atv tracks on every obscure two-track. What another poster said about many NM hunters never leaving their vehicle is true unfortunately.

OP
E
Hate to hear it but surely I can find some ground where they might have a hard time getting to