nevada unit 141-145

Hi everyone i drew a archery nevada tag unit 141-145 and didnt get the chance to scout,, i have been pouring over google earth and talked to the biologist and anyone else i can find,but was wondering if anyone on here had any information on the area that they would share? thanks in advance.

Pueblo

FNG
This is the one with Robert's Creek Mtns right? They have plenty of deer and can be accessed with an ATV. If you'd rather hike then you need to study the map and find a place where ATVs won't be. I've scouted this hoping to get a tag but haven't yet.

The Diamonds are better even and you can hike the spine of them and do well in numerous side canyons.

If you're not trophy hunting you should be OK without scouting. Just find an area that looks like deer, on public land between 7000-9000 ft and you should be ok.

OP
M
Thanks pueblo.. ya the diamonds are what i have been eyeing the hardest on google earth ,,looks like some springs on the east side.. looks like more access on the north end but what i hate is getting there, looking at maps and such just to climb the mountain and find some new 4 wheeler trail.. :) and i am not exactly trophy hunting although i always prefer to try and find a mature animal to hunt.. thanks for the advice..

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All -

Bringing this back to life here... I drew NV 141-145 archery this year and am in the middle of getting everything fully prepared. I am going to target the diamonds.. Unforuntately with work, kids, life etc.. I wont be able to get out and scout ahead of the season. I have E-Scouted the hell out of the entire range and and have multiple options I am thinking about. Hoping some folks can give me a little guidance (No Spots etc.) My questions,

- Has anyone approached from East side? I have an area picked out but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts.
- Would you recommend approaching from East or West? (I have an ATV and Can also hike)
- Are there accessible springs on the mountain? I have springs mapped out but wanted to see if maps are somewhat accurate.

Thanks again - Pumped and can’t wait to get out there.

Best

Pony

cscott925

FNG
Hi All -

Bringing this back to life here... I drew NV 141-145 archery this year and am in the middle of getting everything fully prepared. I am going to target the diamonds.. Unforuntately with work, kids, life etc.. I wont be able to get out and scout ahead of the season. I have E-Scouted the hell out of the entire range and and have multiple options I am thinking about. Hoping some folks can give me a little guidance (No Spots etc.) My questions,

- Has anyone approached from East side? I have an area picked out but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts.
- Would you recommend approaching from East or West? (I have an ATV and Can also hike)
- Are there accessible springs on the mountain? I have springs mapped out but wanted to see if maps are somewhat accurate.

Thanks again - Pumped and can’t wait to get out there.

Best

Pony
Hey how'd your hunt go? I will be putting in for archery and doing a lot of online scouting of the Diamond range as well. Did you have any access issues? How high up were you able to get a vehicle? Thanks!

Hey how'd your hunt go? I will be putting in for archery and doing a lot of online scouting of the Diamond range as well. Did you have any access issues? How high up were you able to get a vehicle? Thanks!
I got my first tag for this area and it was rifle session early October. And got a buck at a watering hole. And there where alot of roads that led right next to the springs. And also got lucky and was able to talk to a farmer on my way up and he sed most of the deer are down in the valley eating the crops because of the really dry winter so they I waited at a watering hole for a while and then it came in at 67 yards. But there is alot more hunters in the area of the water.