Montana Draw Results

The Doob

FNG
Out of three Michiganders that I corresponded with ( myself included), 2 out of 3 did not get the big game combo. I did not have a preference point.
Hoping now for a Colorado muzzle loader Mule deer tag

Lawnboi

WKR
Are you guys who didn't draw not checking the preference point box when applying? Seems like cheap insurance considering it's a 600+ dollar tag.

Buddy and I both drew deer combos, with 1pp purchased during application.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you guys who didn't draw not checking the preference point box when applying? Seems like cheap insurance considering it's a 600+ dollar tag.

Buddy and I both drew deer combos, with 1pp purchased during application.
So your saying you can buy the point July to Sept or at time of application?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
So your saying you can buy the point July to Sept or at time of application?

At time of application there is a box asking If you want a preference point, if you check that box you go into the draw with 1 point. It's 50 bucks I believe.

Idk if you can buy points at any other time.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always thought that box only gave you a point if you didn't draw for the next year. Yes they have a points only application period which would be stupid if you could just buy it at time of application because why wouldn't you

Always thought that box only gave you a point if you didn't draw for the next year. Yes they have a points only application period which would be stupid if you could just buy it at time of application because why wouldn't you

Thats the way I understood it as well. And if you do not check the box, if you don't draw, they just send all your money back and you don't get a point for next year.

Trial153

WKR
If you put in for the draw the point fee if checked will be deducted when you don’t draw. So you will going into the following years draw with a point. Alternatively you can buy a point during the open point only period, which also will get you a point for the following years drawing.

I freaking hate Montana. For me anyway it is the most complicated state for regulations. I really don’t know what the hell they are thinking.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Montana doesn't refund your point fee successful in drawing or not. They have wierd system for sure