Idaho for disabled veterans (Thank you)

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
While application season is almost over, Arizona and Idaho are still open (I think just those two?). I was plinking around online doing some research in anticipation of tossing my name in the hat for an Idaho controlled hunt and was reminded of how much more affordable Idaho makes it for military and disabled veterans to hunt there (40% VA rating for Idaho I believe). GoHunt.com put together a really helpful article about the breakdown of the various western states' programs. These states are under no obligation to do anything like that and I am appreciative of them making another potentially great and memorable hunt a much more realistic possibility for me financially.
So just in case anyone out there is kicking around the idea of putting in for a draw or making an OTC trip but the costs are a big factor for not doing it I wanted to put this out as a reminder. It might be more affordable than you think. And if you do take advantage of their offer be sure to send the Fish and Game Department a thank you email, yeah?

To be fair, multiple western states such as Montana, Nevada, Wyoming, Arizona etc have special privileges for various groups as well so it's worth checking into if you're looking into a hunt either in state or out.

Good luck to everyone on their applications and hunts this year!

dan