Nevada Unit 035

zerohour714

Banned
Greetings Gents,

My dad and I got drawn this year for Nevada unit 035 after 6 years of putting in.

We are fired up but are completely new to the area and would really appreciate any suggestions on where to head towards. We will be hunting the last week of the season Oct. 24th-Nov. 4th.

I have been told to hunt from hotels out of Winnemucca by some. I usually would opt to backpack in but my dad is getting older and this is not an option for us. I am thinking of setting up a car camp close to where we would hike out of in the mornings but have no direction on whether to hunt the eastside or west side of the unit. From what I can gather the middle of the unit is pretty flat.

Any tips, observations, 2 cents, consideration, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Straight Shots,

Michael

Calbuck

WKR
You still have lots of time..head up there and put your boots on the ground. The best thing you can do is read up on the unit from NDOW summary of the zone, call and speak to the biologist then start there. Go familiarize yourself with the area if possible...you’ll figure out what you want to hunt from there.

Gr8bawana

WKR
If you hunt from Winnemucca you will be wasting a lot of valuable hunting time driving back and forth every day.
I would follow the suggestion from Calbuck and take a few days to do some recon in and perhaps find some likely spots for a campsite that might save you an hour or two of driving every morning and evening, maybe in the Jackson mountains.