Mule Deer Foundation Banquet Recommendations

NDGuy

WKR
Howdy Roksliders. I am helping out the North Dakota MDF and we are discussing potential improvements for the banquets we put on every year. What are some things you have seen over the years at banquets that were good/bad? We are looking to improve our raffle item selection and incorporating other new & fun ideas.

Also for firearm raffles...do you prefer Quantity or Quality?

Thanks All!

wyosteve

WKR
This is a general response, not specific to the MDF, but the biggest thing for me is to sell auction items quickly and limit the number so that the entire auction doesn't drag out. I absolutely hate auctioneers that stop every 30 seconds or so and try to 'brag' up the item. 2 minutes is tops in my book from start to finish for selling an item.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
This is a general response, not specific to the MDF, but the biggest thing for me is to sell auction items quickly and limit the number so that the entire auction doesn't drag out. I absolutely hate auctioneers that stop every 30 seconds or so and try to 'brag' up the item. 2 minutes is tops in my book from start to finish for selling an item.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Give away a scoped gun package to a youth. Like a savage 308.
Have them play a game where they all come on stage and last one standing wins.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Times 10. Some of these auctions drag on so long that you just lose the energy. Figure out a way to do it fast. You’ll still make the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Times 10. Some of these auctions drag on so long that you just lose the energy. Figure out a way to do it fast. You’ll still make the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can personally attest to this, a DU banquet 2 years ago took over an hour and a half to raffle off like 15 items. Thanks for making the point.