Anywhere to find Colorado's leftover list from last year?

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
I will be trying to pick up a left over deer tag due to a change in plans that is sending me to Colorado for a while. I will be hunting alone, so looking to hopefully hunt deer as opposed to OTC elk, but if I can't find a deer tag, I will hunt elk. Just looking for some units that may potentially make it to the leftover list so that I can start looking at some areas. Thanks for your help.

topher89

WKR
I am not sure how helpful last year's list will be. Because of the change in the application process, there were way more applications than last year and areas that had leftovers last year may not this year.

As an example, the unit I hunt was always an easy application. We always put in 4th season as our first choice and 3rd as our second. We could alternate years pretty easily and always get that 3rd season tag as a second choice and get 4th with one point. This year, it took at least two points to draw 4th and only 30% of those with two points got it and now only 30% of those who put down 3rd as a second choice got it.

This year's application changes have totally changed our application game. We had been using this plan reliably for 5 years and now we need to re-think our strategy.

I have the leftover list from 8/1/2017. It may or may not be helpful but shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it over.

fishslap

WKR
After I posted this I found that on the “drawn out”. Not much.

Even fewer actually make it to the leftover list. Anything left after the regular draw goes into a leftover draw, then anything left after that goes to the leftover list. This year will be very slim pickins.